DePalm Island & Snorkel Excursion?

amber8705b

Has anyone done the DePalm Island & Snorkel excursion? I'm reading that it's a 7 hour excursion and wondering if there is an option to go back to the ship earlier if we choose to; like 3-4 hours in and we want to go back?

Also, I'm reading you can rent the private cabana and from the pictures it looks like 5-6 chairs can fit under it. Do those sell out quickly? Do you know how much they are?

Has anyone done the DePalm Island & Snorkel excursion? I'm reading that it's a 7 hour excursion and wondering if there is an option to go back to the ship earlier if we choose to; like 3-4 hours in and we want to go back?

Also, I'm reading you can rent the private cabana and from the pictures it looks like 5-6 chairs can fit under it. Do those sell out quickly? Do you know how much they are?

I did this excursion in February. The ferry service to & from the island along with the buses to the ferry were timed based on the excursion times. I'm not sure if you can arrange private transportation since we did NCL's excursion.

I did try to book the excursion directly with DePalm and they told me that I had to go through the cruise line. You could try contacting them about timing of the ferry service and availability of private transportation.

There are plenty of covered areas with lounge chairs so if you are among the first groups getting there, shady spots are plentiful. I didn't see a need for the private cabanas unless you are getting there closer to noon.

All that being said, this was my least favorite excursion. Although we did have a relaxing day, the amenities seemed to be in need of some TLC. This resort just seemed more run down than the other resorts we went to during our cruise.