Iona past guest discount?

Strawberry field

Hi

It's possibly me not understanding correctly but I'm confused about the 10% discount for past guests who book Iona in 2020. I phoned pando direct to make a booking listed on their website at £2240 they quoted me 5% off as the other 5% has already been taken off the listed price before its advertised on their website? I have now used P&O three times with another booked so are definitely a past guest.

I then contacted a TA who did a quote for me and they quoted the same plus their small discount but said the extra 5% comes off at the end of the booking?

Has anybody else had this or am I just confused?

Thanks for any help you can give

Hi yes that is correct. The 5% new passenger discount has already been taken off the price before showing on the screen so any new passengers will just pay the screen price. For us past guests we have already had the new passenger discount then P&O give us another 5% to make it the 10%. It is very misleading on all of the communications from them and I have told them so. Still happy with the price though we have booked Britannia for September 2020. Hope you have a great time on Iona.

I think P&O are more than capable of confusing anyone, the web site is hit and miss and depends on the luck of the draw when you get someone on the other end of the phone, as to whether they understand their own processes, especially where so called fluid pricing involved.

I tried to pre-book Iona online, to be fair they did have issues with the site going down, eventually I phoned and got what I needed. I was told that the 10% previous customer discount was on select fares only and not early saver, so with 10% off select price and £60 OBC that was actually cheaper than early saver.

Hi yes that is correct. The 5% new passenger discount has already been taken off the price before showing on the screen so any new passengers will just pay the screen price. For us past guests we have already had the new passenger discount then P&O give us another 5% to make it the 10%. It is very misleading on all of the communications from them and I have told them so. Still happy with the price though we have booked Britannia for September 2020. Hope you have a great time on Iona.

That could be why I couldn’t get my figures to work out!

That’s really misleading, false advertising. Wonder how they manage to get away with it

Hi

It's possibly me not understanding correctly but I'm confused about the 10% discount for past guests who book Iona in 2020. I phoned pando direct to make a booking listed on their website at £2240 they quoted me 5% off as the other 5% has already been taken off the listed price before its advertised on their website? I have now used P&O three times with another booked so are definitely a past guest.

I then contacted a TA who did a quote for me and they quoted the same plus their small discount but said the extra 5% comes off at the end of the booking?

Has anybody else had this or am I just confused?

Thanks for any help you can give

P&O have always adopted this when new schedules are released. Their website states that these prices are valid until 3rd December 2018 i.e 5% and10% discount on new and past cruisers. The price they display has the 5% discount accounted for so you do not see the un-discounted price. I have just booked 2 cabins on same cruise and this has been the outcome, 1 with 5% and the other with 10%. The real question is what will the price be after 3rd December2018, will it be 5% higher, if not are they breaking any rules ?.

I too booked a cruise on Iona through the P&O website during the pre-registration stage on a select cruise basis where it clearly stated 10% would be taken off at checkout, which of course didn't happen and, like others, was told that it had already been taken off the advertised price so, whilst I am happy enough with the price paid I feel I was sucked in and duped by weasel wording. Had I known that the price shown would not be reduced by 10% I would have shopped around. There is a well known consumer programme on TV that might also take the view that this is at best misleading, or at worse, false advertising.:cool:

When did you book today or yesterday? I know they had a lot of queries yesterday when I was booking. Wonder if they have adjusted the pricing.

I pregistered on 16th , did it in pando website.

I didn't get my cabin till 19th so was looking on line at availability , prices increased for my cabin, suite by 10%, at 2pm on 19th. Luckily I got preregistered price, which was original base minus 10%, 5% everyone, 5% previous passenger

5% booking discount is applicable to all new guests making a new Select Price booking from our new summer 2020 collection before 3 December 2018. [The summer 2020 collection relates to all applicable cruises sailing from 2 April 2020.] This discount is additional to Select Price benefits and is not applicable on Early Savers. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time.

10% booking discount is applicable to past guests making a new Select Price booking from our new summer 2020 collection before 3 December 2018. [The summer 2020 collection relates to all applicable cruises sailing from 2 April 2020.] This discount is additional to Select Price benefits and is not applicable on Early Savers. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time.

This is from the T & C on their website. No mention that the shown website price is already discounted by 5%.

5% booking discount is applicable to all new guests making a new Select Price booking from our new summer 2020 collection before 3 December 2018. [The summer 2020 collection relates to all applicable cruises sailing from 2 April 2020.] This discount is additional to Select Price benefits and is not applicable on Early Savers. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time.

10% booking discount is applicable to past guests making a new Select Price booking from our new summer 2020 collection before 3 December 2018. [The summer 2020 collection relates to all applicable cruises sailing from 2 April 2020.] This discount is additional to Select Price benefits and is not applicable on Early Savers. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time.

This is from the T & C on their website. No mention that the shown website price is already discounted by 5%.

Exactly! - no mention of it until you go to book with them. My TA made 3 telephone calls to them querying the price and it wasn't until the 3rd time when it was all broken down and explained how it worked. That is why it is misleading!

When I did a dummy booking a couple of weeks ago everything was as expected.

There was a base 'from' price quoted for cabin types when I clicked 'more details'.

Once I started the 'book now' process the price reduced by either 5% or 10% dependant upon whether I entered our Peninsular Club numbers or not.

Not sure if anything has changed since but, assuming not, I don't see what the problem is - you only see the full price on the opening screen and then the correct discounts are applied.

When I did a dummy booking a couple of weeks ago everything was as expected.

There was a base 'from' price quoted for cabin types when I clicked 'more details'.

Once I started the 'book now' process the price reduced by either 5% or 10% dependant upon whether I entered our Peninsular Club numbers or not.

Not sure if anything has changed since but, assuming not, I don't see what the problem is - you only see the full price on the opening screen and then the correct discounts are applied.

Not according to my invoice from P&O, the screen price already has 5% applied to it then they give you another 5%. If you are booking a Peninsular Club cruise then you get a further 5%.