Our recent cruise along the Adriatic on the "Karizma"

marco

We chose this trip because it was so different from cruises we've been on. I told people it was kind of like a river cruise, but ont on a river, it was on the Adriatic. The ship was the "Karizma" of Kompas tours. It only held 36 people and operated similar to a river cruise. We round- robined for meals in the dining room, and at ports all on land tours and site seeing were included. We had at least one swim stop a day and the boat would just pull into a little cove and we'd swim off the back of the boat. Being so small a boat, it got quite close to shore and often we'd just swim over to the shore. The water in the Adriatic is probably the cleanest and clearest I've seen and as smooth as a pond. We were swimming in 20 ft of water and you could see the bottom quite clearly. There was a jacuzzi up on the sun deck, but no pool. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and very personable. She helped make the trip an outstanding experience! Our cabin surprisingly, was larger than a standard cruise ship cabin. It was designed as a triple, but there was no upper, it had 3 twin beds. The bathroom was comparable to any standard cruise ship bathroom adn soap, shampoo etc was all included. Dining was pretty comparable to river cruises we've been on. Breakfast buffet which was pretty inclusive, and eggs could be prepared to order. Other meals were served (4 courses) and alternated between meat, fish, poultry. However, there were not choices, but if you were vegetarian they could accommodate you. We were docked every evening so there was no onboard entertainment other than the last evening when local entertainment came aboard, but being docked "in the heart of the city", we only had to walk a block or two to find local entertainment.. Staff was most accommodating and personable. We were able to visit small islands that large cruise ships could not go to as well as Dubrovnik and Split. It was truly a wonderful experience and I would recommend it in a heartbeat! Dubrovnik is a wonderful city and all of Croatia is highly underrated and I think off most people's radar. Affordable, charming, everyone spoke English quite fluently, and the people warm and friendly