Least favorite food on NCL???

cruiseagona

The MDR breakfast hashbrown potatoes. Kind of like a too oniony McDonalds hash brown patty. I started getting the country potatoes after one try of them.

I was just talking about these today and the reason you don't like them is why I loved them--the onion taste. I normally dislike those (like from McD or any tater tot similar thing) but the NCL ones were sooooo good. I do love onions though.

I was just talking about these today and the reason you don't like them is why I loved them--the onion taste. I normally dislike those (like from McD or any tater tot similar thing) but the NCL ones were sooooo good. I do love onions though.
LOL, that's why there are choices, so we all can enjoy what we like!

It’s not tar tartar, it’s smoked salmon (and my favorite appetizer in the MDR).

Maybe we are talking about different dishes? Ours is raw and it is called salmon tartare

59a7e8bd502211672227d72b8092584e.jpeg

I don't remember them on NCL?

Are they that bad?

Loved them on Princess, Celebrity... once per cruise on Royal.

The chilled soup (one flavor a day) was out during the afternoon snack time in the buffet on the Escape in March. I tried it several times and liked most flavors.

The chilled soup (one flavor a day) was out during the afternoon snack time in the buffet on the Escape in March. I tried it several times and liked most flavors.

Thank you. I will look for them in a week on Star.

The awful watery spinach artichoke dip at O'Sheehans. Ugh. It's supposed to stick to the chip, not run right off. Also not a fan of their wings. Just not all that. Also agree with desserts.

Oh, I like the dip, don't get it often but think it is fine: not my favorite but not bad. This is just another example of food being subjective.

I think we all agree the eggs are pretty crappy in the buffet, but this is standard for most buffets. That is why we eat in the dining room more than the buffet on ships. My least favorite food that comes to mind: the salmon mouse that has replaced lox on the breakfast buffet.

Many years ago they served lamb kabobs on the first night in the MDR but it wasn't pieces if lamb but ground lamb. It was awful. Thank God they are long gone

someone mentioned the deli sandwiches: I don't mind the mayo, I love it but the sandwiches are more bread than meat. I no longer get them.

Maybe we are talking about different dishes? Ours is raw and it is called salmon tartare

59a7e8bd502211672227d72b8092584e.jpeg

Yes, that’s it, it’s been on the menu for a long time, but it’s smoked salmon, not raw salmon. https://www.reviewcruises.net/cruise-pics/v/ncl-food/Norwegian+Smoked+Salmon+Tartare+Norwegian+Dawn+Cruise+Food.jpg.html

Google any NCL MDR menu, it’s smoked.

Yes, that’s it, it’s been on the menu for a long time, but it’s smoked salmon, not raw salmon. https://www.reviewcruises.net/cruise-pics/v/ncl-food/Norwegian+Smoked+Salmon+Tartare+Norwegian+Dawn+Cruise+Food.jpg.html

Google any NCL MDR menu, it’s smoked.

Just googled it.

It is named Smoked Salmon Tartar.

Description says: Blend of Smoked and Fresh salmon.

Truth is in between I guess [emoji4]

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr_235_mdr_1.pdf

As in most things, taste is so subjective. I really don’t mind the scrambled eggs on the buffet, unless they are cold. We really enjoy moderno, was one of the best meals of our last cruise. Our worst specialty meal by far was cagney’s. Nothing had flavor and cook on the steaks was wrong. But overall worst meal for me was the lasagna on the everyday menu in the MDR. Texture was awful and taste was bad. I couldn’t eat it. But others at my table took a bite to try it and thought it was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, I like the dip, don't get it often but think it is fine: not my favorite but not bad. This is just another example of food being subjective.

I think we all agree the eggs are pretty crappy in the buffet, but this is standard for most buffets. That is why we eat in the dining room more than the buffet on ships. My least favorite food that comes to mind: the salmon mouse that has replaced lox on the breakfast buffet.

Many years ago they served lamb kabobs on the first night in the MDR but it wasn't pieces if lamb but ground lamb. It was awful. Thank God they are long gone

someone mentioned the deli sandwiches: I don't mind the mayo, I love it but the sandwiches are more bread than meat. I no longer get them.

I remember the lamb kabobs on the Majesty. They were horrible.