Shore excursion credit

123linz123

Shore excursion credits are not applied until after the excursion. In order to use the credit you must call the shore excursion desk prior to your cruise to book or book your excursion on board. Not sure if a kayak rental qualifies as an excursion but your best bet is to call the excursion desk.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Would the $50 per port shore excursion credit apply to a kayak rental (29) on Harvest Cay? I put it in my cart, but no mention of the credit.

Thank you

Here’s the terms and conditions for the promotion

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Do NOT book it online. If you do,

You will be charged full price for the excursion. Call ththe number above. The excursion will be booked with no advance charges. On Embarkation day, your onboard account will be charged for all excursions. Once you complete the shore excursion, a credit will be added to your onboard account. If the excursion is less than $50, that amount will credited.

You do not have to call to book an excursion and get the credit. DH does not want a large bill at the end of our cruise, so we booked and pre-paid all our upcoming Baltic excursions online. When we complete each excursion our cabin will be credited with the $50 as refundable obc. If we do not use it onboard it will be refunded to our credit card at end of cruise. As we have 4 excursions booked, times 2 cabins, that is $200 x 2 coming back to us. Or we may use it onboard for anything we wish. Plus we got our Latitudes shorex discount immediately applied online when we booked each excursion.

The fact that you have to call them is so stupid.

You do not have to call. NCL does a terrible job of explaining this. You can book online, call the shore ex desk, or book on board. the ONLY difference is that if you book online, you will be charged the full price of the excursion at the time you book. But then, after you take the excursion, on the cruise, you will receive the credit on your final on board bill. Same effect - you get a $50 credit.

Here is what NCL says.....

"$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit Offer

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account."

We are in 9 ports on a 10 day cruise. Does that mean that we need to do a shore excursion in each port or loose the credit? We were not planing to do an excursion in Malta and Mykonos but will in other ports. This must be a way for NCL to get people to take their excursions as many people go the DIY route.

If you take NCL shore excursions in 7 of the ports you will get $50 for each of the seven each day after you have done the shorex. If you do decide on NCL shorex phone the Toll Free Number and reserve the shorex, don't "pay" for them till they appear on your folio on board.

This must be a way for NCL to get people to take their excursions as many people go the DIY route. Of course it is.

We are in 9 ports on a 10 day cruise. Does that mean that we need to do a shore excursion in each port or loose the credit? We were not planing to do an excursion in Malta and Mykonos but will in other ports. This must be a way for NCL to get people to take their excursions as many people go the DIY route.

The credit is just for taking an NCL excursion in a port. So - if you don't take an NCL credit in a port, you don't get the credit. And yes, obviously it's a way to get people to take NCL shore excursions, since NCL will still make more on an excursion you purchase through them (even with the credit) than on an excursion you book on your own.

Same effect - you get a $50 credit.

Only if the refund is Refundable.

Not sure what you mean about refundable refunds, but you're still paying $50 less for the total cost of your cruise....$50 less out of your pocket in the end.

I don't it matters if the excursion is loose or tight, but if you do not take an excursion in any given port you lose the $50 for that port. Use it or lose it.

Not sure what you mean about refundable refunds, but you're still paying $50 less for the total cost of your cruise....$50 less out of your pocket in the end.

According to the T&Cs any $50 Shore Excursion OBC refund is Non-Refundable.

If you have paid for the shore excursions "up-front" you will have to spend the refund on other things on board.

If you have "Reserved" the shorex through the toll free number then the cost of the shorex goes on your folio on the first evening. In that case the refund is still Non-Refundable but you are able to "spend" it paying for the shorex when you settle the folio either by cash or with a Credit Card at the end of the cruise..

I was also confused about this process.

One of our perks was a $50 shore excursion credit if we booked our excursion thru NCL.

I have been planning our next trip & booking online and noticed that our $50 was not being discounted when we paid upfront (which you have to do when booking online).

So I called the Shore Ex dept. & was told that since I was booking online that our credit of $50 would be added to our account on the ship & if we didn't use the credit it would be refunded to our credit card.

In other words....I have paid full price for my shore excursion. And that $50 credit will either have to be used elsewhere on board or it will be refunded to my MasterCard at some point in the future.

This is definitely confusing...