EZ Cruise Parking - WARNING!!

tracymtx

Just wanted to share our recent (July, 2018) experience with EZ Cruise Parking...

I made a reservation for parking back in February - yes, I am a planner - for our July 2018 cruise on the Valor, out of Galveston. I used a coupon and reserved a parking spot with shuttle transportation for the three of us to the terminal.

When we arrived for our cruise, husband dropped daughter and I off at the terminal with our luggage as to make it easier and not have our luggage crowding the shuttle. When he arrived at EZ Cruise Parking, he was asked if he had transportation or if he was walking. As our confirmation stated, we had shuttle transportation he was directed where to park. After he gathered his things, he made his way to the shuttle. When he tried to board the shuttle, he was told he needed a blue ticket. He was not given a ticket and showed them our confirmation email that clearly states, transportation for 3 passengers "is included in the purchase" and, we only had ONE passenger. He was told he could not board the shuttle and needed to walk or pay a $10.00 "up charge" he didn't want to hold up the shuttle of passengers, so he paid the $10.00 cash up charge. He asked me about it when he finally got to the terminal. So I called and spoke with Keesha. I was a little annoyed this happened, especially as he had the receipt showing transportation was included. After a little back and forth, she said they updated their computer system in March and my information did not transfer over to the new system. She told me she would leave the $10.00 in an envelope for me when I returned from the cruise. She would also let the drivers know they need to check when the reservation was made.

Saturday, we returned from our cruise - had a wonderful time, by the way. Found the EZ shuttle. Tried to board. Denied. After a back and forth - "no one in the office" I told them I spoke with Keesha and there was a mix up, the driver FINALLY let us on the shuttle. Then, we sat on the shuttle for over 20min. The driver was out talking with two other EZ Cruise drivers (there were 3 total EZ Cruise Parking shuttles there waiting) I asked if we would be leaving soon (the weather was getting bad and it had started to rain. I wanted to hit the road before it got too bad), he said he was waiting to fill up the shuttle. Now I would understand if the shuttle was mostly empty, but there were maybe, four empty seats on the shuttle - ALSO, the additional EZ shuttle drivers were directing people to their shuttle - CRAZY! The driver told me, if I paid him $20.00, he "would leave right now":mad: I declined and waited with the other frustrated passengers. When we were dropped off, I went to the office and explained there should be an envelope with my name waiting. I was told the office was closed and there was no one there that could help me.

I ended up calling and speaking directly to Keesha, explained I was NOT happy. She said she would reimburse my credit card. So, I guess I will have to wait and see. I will gladly update this post when and if I receive the $10.00. Don't get me wrong, it's not just about the amount, it could have been $1.00 it could have been $20.00, I would still be upset. That is our money, we earned it. We save all year long for vacation.

I am hoping it was just an honest case of mistakes, but it didn't seem that way and wanted to share my experience. I know others have had positive experiences with EZ Cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Goaties...that's exactly why we used them...there were so many good reviews on this board.

I also wanted to be fair and reply that they did refund the $10.00. I am hoping it was just a lot of misfortunate events that happened to us - it could have been an isolated set of circumstances. I was very disappointed with EZ Cruise and wanted to share my experience. I will not be using them again. The whole experience (from beginning to end), felt sketchy. This is just my opinion based on my experience.