Cruise Hacks

Looking for any cruise hacks that can make my cruise better! (ie over the door shoe hanger). It is my mom and my grandma with me on his cruise and we are staying in a balcony. It is my 4th cruise but I always am finding ways to make cruising a little easier/enjoyable. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have lots of electronics, camera batteries, iPads, or tablets etc that need charging, a power strip is a good thing to pack to give you outlets to plug into. Depending on the cabin, you may find a lack of free outlets...

A battery operated alarm clock is also nice to have if you don't rely upon wake up calls...

If you have lots of electronics, camera batteries, iPads, or tablets etc that need charging, a power strip is a good thing to pack to give you outlets to plug into. Depending on the cabin, you may find a lack of free outlets...

A battery operated alarm clock is also nice to have if you don't rely upon wake up calls...

Power strip that os UL certified but not a surge suppressor. Bring extra hangers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I like to take wrinkle release spray. I had my iron sent to the naughty room, about five cruises ago, so I had to find an alternative. I am freakish about wrinkles in my clothes, so this does the trick!

I second those who have mentioned magnets and magnetic hooks - they are great! I also have a magnetic clip that I use to keep my daily and any papers I am interested in near the door. I also keep my room key in a lanyard and hang that by the door so I never leave without it and always know where it is.

Power strip that os UL certified but not a surge suppressor. Bring extra hangers.

Extra hangers are not necessary... simply ask your cabin steward if you feel you need more hangers, they will easily provide them for you.

I use a USB power hub now. It's smaller than a power strip, and I've never had any problem's getting in through security, ship or plane. Works so well I've bought two of them one for travel and one I use at home.

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Charger-Desktop-Charging-Technology/dp/B00OQ19QYA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1534606685&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+power+hub&psc=1

Most people know to pack a first aid kit with medications and things like bandaids and Neosporin. I always take a quart size

Ziploc bag and make a mini first aid kit to take when leaving the ship. It saved me when falling on a dock in Curacao. I was able to patch myself up with antiseptic wipes and Neosporin and bandaids. Saved us having to go back to the ship early.

If u have spotify premium (or any other music program on your phone that works without wifi), download music playlists and bring along a small speaker for listening to music via your cellphone in your cabin.

I bring a pop up hamper from the dollar store for dirty clothes and dryer sheets to keep the room smelling fresh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yes, magnets can damage the electronic data stored in your car keys. If you buy magnets, don't place them in your pocket or purse next to the keys.
Do you mean key card? My "car" keys have never stored electronic data on them...

Recommend paying for as much as possible beforehand -- gratuities, excursions, specialty dining, etc. Maybe even purchase some OBC (if you don't use it, it will be refunded). I find it is just less to worry about and your final bill is much less scary!

Extra hangers just take up space in the suitcase so I just ask the room steward for extra hangers instead! Oops! I just noticed this is a duplicate post!

Edited by Jana60

I like to take wrinkle release spray. I had my iron sent to the naughty room, about five cruises ago, so I had to find an alternative. I am freakish about wrinkles in my clothes, so this does the trick!

If you give your room steward a call they will bring you an iron and ironing board to use and then they’ll take it away about four hours later.

Just keep those magnets away from your car keys.

I didn’t know magnets affected car keys but I do know that they will mess up your room sail and sign card. I have a purse with a magnetic closure and it kept on messing up my card and causing it to be unable to open the room door. I now wear my sail and sign card on a lanyard around my neck so that it does not become demagnetized.

Do you mean key card? My "car" keys have never stored electronic data on them...

Perhaps if you have an older car, it may not store electronic data. The last car that I had that didn't store electronic data was purchased in the 80s.

If you need to hand wash some items, then check at the "$" type stores for small wooden or plastic clothespins. You'll be able to hang more than just draping over the clothesline. Also, people look for the cutesy towel clips for poolside. We bought the Goody big-claw package used for hair, and they worked perfectly on beach chairs as well as our balcony chairs. Items will not fly away!

Battery operated tea lights to light up bathroom at night.

Something to write down your reservations and other things on: between shows, dinners, meet and greets, etc. it is easier to lose track than you think.

Make sure you have an overnight bag: your luggage gets picked up the last night, and you need something to carry off your overnight necessities.

Highlighter for the daily so you remember what you wanted to do.

Trial size shampoo, conditioner and bar soap. Unless you are in a suite, your shower will probably just have a shampoo/conditioner in one and body gel dispenser. Conversely, if you like body gel, you might want to bring a poof.

If you are so inclined: a healthy stack of ones to tip bartenders, room service deliverers and other people along the way.

Speaking of room service, treat yourself to your first cup of coffee, glass of juice and basket of pastries in your room. We call it first breakfast...it is a lovely way to start your day. The continental breakfast menu is free.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Most people know to pack a first aid kit with medications and things like bandaids and Neosporin. I always take a quart size

Ziploc bag and make a mini first aid kit to take when leaving the ship. It saved me when falling on a dock in Curacao. I was able to patch myself up with antiseptic wipes and Neosporin and bandaids. Saved us having to go back to the ship early.

They sell Band Aids in port. Some of the best unexpected memories are when you are back home and grab the box of plasters or the bottle of aconditionera.