conjestion on Epic

123linz123

I would say the congestion is in the main elevator area as it leads to all the dining/shopping/entertainment areas. The lines for dining/shows formed in this area. The forward elevator section is used less frequently. I used it 90% of the cruise as my cabin was fairly close to it.

My guess is you are reading about the hallway crowds after a show lets out.

This can be avoided by 1) staying out of hallways outside entertainment venues, or 2) wait in the theater for 10 minutes after the show ends to leave!

We’ve been on the EPIC twice and never experienced such crowds, though I suspect the complaints are coming from the same folks who are surprised by the bathroom layouts! Haha!

RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR CRUISE! We love the EPIC!!

I would say the congestion is in the main elevator area as it leads to all the dining/shopping/entertainment areas. The lines for dining/shows formed in this area. The forward elevator section is used less frequently. I used it 90% of the cruise as my cabin was fairly close to it.

Same thing we experienced when we were on her in May. Wish I had thought of using the forward elevators but our room was very close to the main elevators. I remember one time I forgot something in the room and used the other elevators and experienced no congestion coming or going. I guess I should have been more observant. In regards to the bathroom arrangement my wife and I both kind of liked it with the toilet and shower in separate rooms and the sink in the room was no big deal either.

I keep reading about conjestion and bottlenecks on Epic but not where.

Does anyone know where these areas are and how to avoid them please?

The only time we experienced a bottleneck on Epic was when we left the theater after the shows. Waiting a few minutes in the theater would help avoid this. At breakfast in the Garden café if you want a quieter place to eat, you can find a seat downstairs at the prettiest La Cucina we have seen. There is a beverage station down there so you just need to bring your plate of food down the stairs.

I really enjoyed the Epic. I thought the production of Priscilla Queen of the Desert was excellent and Burn the Floor was really good. The much discussed bathroom set up in the cabin didn't bother us. My husband liked the extra storage in the cabin that was behind the couch, but the curved design of the back of the couch was not the most comfortable to sit on. Very minor complaint. Would definitely sail on Epic again.

When was on the Epic last week didn't really see that much congestion anywhere on the ship.

Of course breakfast at the Buffet will always be busy, especially on port days (although, on day of disembarkation on the 12th of Aug, it was quite quiet for us) For the lifts, we rarely if ever used the forward ones, always used the Aft that weren't to busy at all either. Same for the stairs especially Aft were very quiet but great for myself though.

As others have said bathroom/ shower setup didn't bother me either.

I keep reading about conjestion and bottlenecks on Epic but not where.

Does anyone know where these areas are and how to avoid them please?

Don’t believe everything you read. Just because it is on the internet, does not make it true.

Yes, you go to the elevator right outside a theater on any ship as a show lets out, there will be congestion. If you want to go to a show, you just need to deal with the congestion.

You go to an elevator right after muster on any ship, there will be congestion. But you’re required to attend so you can’t avoid the it.

You go to the gangway when the ship first arrives in port on any ship, there will be congestion.

I think the reason the elevators seem so crowded to us was that we were on a Western Med cruise. It was very port intensive. Everyone scrambling to get off the ship at each port at the same time. Plus it seemed that the cruise must have totally sold out with many four rather than two to a cabin bookings. It was the first Epic W. Med cruise of the season so that may be why it was so busy. At times it did seem very congested. Maybe some sailings have more people booked on them than others.

I loved Priscilla. I thought it was so entertaining, the costumes great, singing fantastic, and did not overly push any agenda. They do a good job of warning people ahead of time of the subject manner, and do not recommend it for those easily offended. But to this very conservative female, the show was great. So much so I saw it twice, and would 100% see it again.

Edited by Shidah
word choice