Embera Village - who are some tour options?

miss prairie girl

Good afternoon,

The Embera Village Tour appears interesting! Does anyone have any recommendations for a tour operator? Princess does offer a lovely tour, but I like to compare offerings, prices, and customer satisfaction. Thank you.

We did this tour in 2010 so I don't know if it still the same but at that time it was one of the best excursions we ever did. There was a maximum of 10 people in a dug-out canoe (with outboard & driver).

Here is the link to her website.

http://www.emberavillagetours.com/anne-gordon-de-barrig-n.html

Theo

I would agree with the previous poster, Anne Gordon is a great standard, however... probably not doable if your cruise to the Canal is in April. The water levels are normally too low at that time of the year to conveniently reach her village. There is also another problem, since you are on the Caribbean Princess you may only go ashore at the Gatun Lake stop if you have booked a Princess tour, no private tours at this stop.

I would agree with the previous poster, Anne Gordon is a great standard, however... probably not doable if your cruise to the Canal is in April. The water levels are normally too low at that time of the year to conveniently reach her village. There is also another problem, since you are on the Caribbean Princess you may only go ashore at the Gatun Lake stop if you have booked a Princess tour, no private tours at this stop.

Thank you, RenMar, and BillB48, I do appreciate your advice.....maybe another time then. I looked up her website and she has a very interesting story!

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from the 10 day partial and opted for the Embera Indian tour (princess tours the only option). It was very enjoyable. The bus ride back is a little long but he time on the boat and with the native peoples was terrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums