WindStar Athens-to-Athens in July ?s

BonifantDC

I have booked my family of four on the Athens-to-Athens cruise, departing June 30. I know the days will be hot on the islands, but what will the temperatures be like in the evening on the boat? I've been searching but can't find the answer. Secondly, I can't find any information about where the boat ports, of course i know the general port of call but how can I tell if we'll be tendered or not and in Mykonos, old or new port (I assume new)--you can tell I've never been on a cruise before:). Finally, is 10% a proper tip for private tour guides ? I have arranged a combination of WindStar tours and private tours. Please weigh in! Thanks.

I took this cruise last year, but don’t remember the tender ports. It you log into “My Windstar” you can pull up your itinerary, and it will list docked or tender for each port.

It was nice outside on deck, but weather always varies.

We have done a number of med/Greek cruises in August. It’s the perfect way to get away from the heat at home - no chores, just sea breezes and aircon. We stick to morning excursions if we can because off the ship, it is quite hot by afternoon. We usually found the evening temperatures on deck very pleasant and you should not need warm clothing except inside because the aircon can be very fierce. Ladies usually need to take some kind of wrap for this reason and men may need a light sweater or jacket. Otherwise for men it’s Shorts and T shirts for daytime and slacks and a shirt with a collar for the evening. Windstar request no shorts in the lounge after 6.

Mykonos is a tender port. Rhodes and Kusidasi are docked and you can walk right in to the town in both places in less than 10 minutes. When you look at the itinerary there is usually an anchor marked next to the tender ports. Summer in the med is wonderful and this itinerary is a lovely cruise. You will love the Windstar and your friendly lady Captain Belinda. The crew are fantastic.

• 1 month later...
We have done a number of med/Greek cruises in August. It’s the perfect way to get away from the heat at home - no chores, just sea breezes and aircon. We stick to morning excursions if we can because off the ship, it is quite hot by afternoon. We usually found the evening temperatures on deck very pleasant and you should not need warm clothing except inside because the aircon can be very fierce. Ladies usually need to take some kind of wrap for this reason and men may need a light sweater or jacket. Otherwise for men it’s Shorts and T shirts for daytime and slacks and a shirt with a collar for the evening. Windstar request no shorts in the lounge after 6.

Mykonos is a tender port. Rhodes and Kusidasi are docked and you can walk right in to the town in both places in less than 10 minutes. When you look at the itinerary there is usually an anchor marked next to the tender ports. Summer in the med is wonderful and this itinerary is a lovely cruise. You will love the Windstar and your friendly lady Captain Belinda. The crew are fantastic.

Thanks, very helpful.