Parasailing

mdsgu

Has anyone done parasailing in KW? Carnival has an excursion (I assume it's through Fury, since the photo of shows their logo) for $83, but I could book directly with the Fury people for $52. Would there really be any benefit to paying the extra money to Carnival?

I booked directly with Fury once upon a time (back then i want to say it was only $35) and it was fine - it's not like it's a different parasailing tour (unless something in the cruise excursion specifies something particular is included - like, snorkeling or lunch or something). the other benefit i recall from booking directly is there were much more flexible times than what the ship offered.

Edited by CT Sean

I booked parasailing in KW 6 or 7 months ago through Carnival for our cruise next month. A month or so ago I found the Fury website with the lower pricing. I submitted a request through Carnival's Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee and they are refunding me, as OBC, $35 each. So, either way it works out about the same.

• 2 months later...

FYI - we booked the parasailing for Nassau thru our cruise ship, then did a price challenge. Next day got the e-mail saying we were approved and onboard credit for difference in price! You might look at doing that if you are on Carnival. We always do a price challenge if we find something cheaper independently.

• 4 months later...

We did Fury last time we were there. It was literally right there as you got off the ship.

Just walk right in & you can go right then & there (or catch it on your way back to the ship)

Definitely cheaper direct.