First Star Legend Alaska cruise live-ish.

new_cruiser

Thanks for the interesting information. Can someone tell me how much the drinks are?There is quite contradictory information here on Cruisecritics. Thank you

Believe this is posted on the WS website which would be the most up-to-date. We have never purchased package and find prices extremely reasonable. Much more so than lots of restaurants.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Believe this is posted on the WS website which would be the most up-to-date. We have never purchased package and find prices extremely reasonable. Much more so than lots of restaurants.

I was wondering about the individual cost per drink. You are right, the package is on the website.

I was wondering about the individual cost per drink. You are right, the package is on the website.

Somewhere around 8 or 9 bucks. There is always a drink of the day but usually sweet!

Drinks are $4.50 during happy hour, which usually ran from 6:30 to 7:30 and 9:30 to 10:30.

Nice! That's a first and very nice.

They had Alaska beers (an IPA and a lager) for $8 (price from end of cruise statement so that includes gratuity).

I had nice whiskeys (an Oban & a Talisker) a couple of times and they were around $16 each.

Most by the glass wines were a $8 to 10. Some were more.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

The diagrams of the cabins are not perfect. I want a shower, not a tub. Were the showers only in the handicapped rooms? On Breeze, we were in 232 next to handicapped and had a shower. We peeked around on the last day and it seemed like showers were in oean view and tubs in balcony cabins. Thanks

The deck plans for Star Legend show 208, 209, 304 and 305 have shower, no tub, as do the four staterooms equipped for the disabled. This appears to differ from Star Breeze and Star Pride where 126, 127, 224, 225, 320 and 321 are indicated as having shower-only.

There is also a triangle symbol on the Star Legend deck plans stating "Star Legend has a single sink," but I don't see the symbol on her deck plans anywhere so I don't know to which staterooms it refers. This symbol does not appear on Star Breeze or Star Pride deck plans.

The deck plans for Star Legend show 208, 209, 304 and 305 have shower, no tub, as do the four staterooms equipped for the disabled. This appears to differ from Star Breeze and Star Pride where 126, 127, 224, 225, 320 and 321 are indicated as having shower-only.

There is also a triangle symbol on the Star Legend deck plans stating "Star Legend has a single sink," but I don't see the symbol on her deck plans anywhere so I don't know to which staterooms it refers. This symbol does not appear on Star Breeze or Star Pride deck plans.

We were told by one of the officers on a recent Star Legend cruise that there are 2 differences between the Star Legend and its sisters, the Star Pride and Star Breeze:

- it’s slightly longer

- all of the stateroom bathrooms only have a single sink whereas the SP and SB stateroom bathrooms have double sinks

So the triangle symbol applies to all the staterooms not any specific ones.

We were told by one of the officers on a recent Star Legend cruise that there are 2 differences between the Star Legend and its sisters, the Star Pride and Star Breeze:

- it’s slightly longer

- all of the stateroom bathrooms only have a single sink whereas the SP and SB stateroom bathrooms have double sinks

You were given incorrect information. We have been on the Star Legend twice and both suites had double sinks. Our suite on the Star Breeze also had double sinks. It is my understanding that only the handicap-access suites have one sink.

You were given incorrect information. We have been on the Star Legend twice and both suites had double sinks. Our suite on the Star Breeze also had double sinks. It is my understanding that only the handicap-access suites have one sink.

That’s odd; both staterooms I’ve had on the Legend (forward on deck with staterooms numbered in the 100s - not handicap access suites - most recently in April) had only one sink. The officer who told us would have known based on his role on the ship. It was only once he mentioned that the Legend’s bathrooms only had one sink that it dawned us that we’d had 2 sinks when on the other motor yachts.

Suite 128 on Star Legend isn't a handicapped suite and had only one sink.

- it’s slightly longer

Another difference is that Star Legend is ice rated. That's why Star Legend is the one doing Alaska. The details of that aren't visible to passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
Another difference is that Star Legend is ice rated. That's why Star Legend is the one doing Alaska. The details of that aren't visible to passengers.

Appreciate these wonderful postings!! We have never done Alaska and are considering doing a first-time sailing with Windstar. Our first cruise in 2006 was on one of the Seabourn "triplets". Loved that size and style of ship, especially as it seems that Windstar offers some stops in and around Alaska that would provide more of an "expedition-type" excursion. That could provide more of an "up close and personal" type of experience!! Love learning any and all details as we considering for our first sailing in this amazing part of the world.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 25,440 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Appreciate these wonderful postings!! We have never done Alaska and are considering doing a first-time sailing with Windstar. Our first cruise in 2006 was on one of the Seabourn "triplets". Loved that size and style of ship, especially as it seems that Windstar offers some stops in and around Alaska that would provide more of an "expedition-type" excursion. That could provide more of an "up close and personal" type of experience!! Love learning any and all details as we considering for our first sailing in this amazing part of the world.

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 25,440 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

We are just finishing the last day and a half of our Alaska Cruise on the Legend. After many cruises with Windstar I must say they have done this one first class! Outstanding excursions, GREAT ports and the scenery is phenomenal. Service excellent and food best of all previous cruises. Jackpot!

We are just finishing the last day and a half of our Alaska Cruise on the Legend. After many cruises with Windstar I must say they have done this one first class! Outstanding excursions, GREAT ports and the scenery is phenomenal. Service excellent and food best of all previous cruises. Jackpot!

WOW!! Appreciate these great details and follow-up. Very good news! Keep it coming. Love reading all of the specifics that you are enjoying.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 205,081 views for this posting.

We're considering the Star Legend for the August 4 departure from Vancouver. We watched the ship transit the Ballard locks on Wednesday this week. There were people on the bow and also a couple other decks but couldn't tell if those were public areas that were open during sailing. Are there areas of the ship with unobstructed forward viewing while underway? It would be nice to have an area to take photos without shooting through glass as we approach sites.

Absolutely. There are unobstructed views both fore and aft. The Star Legend is a fabulous ship. We'll be back on board for the third time in Vancouver on July 12th.
There are unobstructed forward views from 3 decks:

Deck 8 in front of the Yacht Club which is nice for cold or rainy weather because you can hang out in the Yacht Club and pop outside when there is something you want a better view of.

Deck 7 in front of the bridge, and

Deck 5 around the hot tub where there is a large forward outside space.

All those areas are open to passengers. There is enough forward viewing area that there was always space at the rail.

There isn't any unobstructed rear view.

The Veranda/Candles deck area has glass around it to shield it from wind. The deck and crane added for the zodiacs has eliminated the rear part if the deck 8 sun deck so there is only a side view from there.

There are unobstructed forward views from 3 decks:

Deck 8 in front of the Yacht Club which is nice for cold or rainy weather because you can hang out in the Yacht Club and pop outside when there is something you want a better view of.

Deck 7 in front of the bridge, and

Deck 5 around the hot tub where there is a large forward outside space.

All those areas are open to passengers. There is enough forward viewing area that there was always space at the rail.

There isn't any unobstructed rear view.

The Veranda/Candles deck area has glass around it to shield it from wind. The deck and crane added for the zodiacs has eliminated the rear part if the deck 8 sun deck so there is only a side view from there.

What about the space on deck 5 behind the lounge? We used to sit there to view the ocean and don't recall any obstructions.