Gay & Lesbian Cruisers
A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:26 PM.
New York, NY
21 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by shepp
OK, have it your way. It's all fake news. The Russian government does not engage in anti-gay propaganda. Contra Tatchell's protest, Putin vigorously opposes his pal Kadyrov's torture and imprisonment of gay Chechens, and did not threaten Canada for accepting gay Chechen refugees. The government did not prosecute someone for a facebook posting that referred to a group promoting sexual rights for 18-29-year-olds, and did not just shut down an HIV education website for being insufficiently antigay. The Moscow Pride Parade is a ringing success. Russian queers enjoy the full protection of the law. And ILGA-Europe, a network of LGBT groups, did not name Russia the fourth most gay-unfriendly country in Europe, just ahead of Turkey and Azerbajian (though up from 2nd most homophobic the year before).

And, of course, Russia does not employ people to go online and covertly subvert Western democracies or post pro-Russian propaganda. So the fact that not one of your Cruise Critic posts has to do with LGBT people except as relating to Russia, the fact that all your 100 other CC posts read like they could be written by the Russian Tourist Bureau, and your intimate knowledge of Russian law and politics despite your living in Baltimore mean nothing. I'm sure you're just another cruiser on the side of gay rights, but sorry, товарищ, our little conversation is done.

Happy Pride!
^^This times 1000!

San Francisco
4,034 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Originally posted by napoxoguk
Touche!
You could also add, of course, that my nickname (пароходик) means a "little steamboat" in Russian, and my avatar is a photo of Avrora, a Russian battle cruiser whose blank volley started the Russian revolution of 1917, — and yet another PutinTroll, with his intricate cover blown and his efforts to covertly subvert another Western democracy totally defeated, will slither back into the festering depths of Olgino troll factory near St.Petersburg, Russia.
! simply pointed out that your posts on the LGBT board have been utterly non-existent except where Russia is concerned, where they're persistent and finely detailed, and that the sum total of your posts on Cruise Critic - the world's most-visited cruise site - have to do with Russian tourism. Like I said, this all could be a coincidence and you may well be a pro-gay cruise enthusiast from Maryland seeking to correct the anti-Putin misrepresentations of Western media.

And in (speaking of) Saint Petersburg last year, a hundred LGBT activists held a permitted march, weren't pepper-sprayed by skinheads until the very end of the event, and only one marcher was arrested, for holding a sign that said, "I love my wife" and wearing a rainbow flag. Like I said, Happy Pride!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1/06 Westerdam -W. Caribbean * 1/07 Dawn Princess - Mexican Riviera * 1/08 Zuiderdam - E. Caribbean * 4/08 Celebrity Mercury - Alaska * 12/09 Crown Princess - W. Caribbean * 8/10 Sea Princess - Alaska * 1/11 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera * 4/11 Island Princess - Panama full transit * 8/11 Sea Princess - Alaska * 2/12 Grand Princess - E. Caribbean * 4/12 Coral Princess - Panama full transit * 12/12 Star Princess - SFO to Buenos Aires * 4/13 Golden Princess - Hawaii * 10/13 Royal Princess - Venice to FLL * 2/14 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera * 8/14 Star Princess - Alaska * 10/14 Victoria Anna - Yangtze River * 12/14 Coral Princess - Panama partial transit * 2/15 Star Princess - Sea of Cortez * 7/15 Diamond Princess - Japan * 11/15 Grand Princess - Hawaii * 9/16 Caribbean Princess - Southampton to New York * 1/17 Grand Princess - Mexican Riviera * 5/17 Celebrity Xpedition - Galapagos * 9/17 Grand Princess - Alaska * 10/17 Royal Princess - Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale * 2/18 Coral Princess - Panama Canal full transit * 7/18 - Grand Circle Adagio - Grand European Cruise * 10/18 Grand Princess - Northwest Coastal * 11/18 Prinsendam - Amazon Explorer * 3/19 Star Princess - Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa * 8/19 Diamond Princess - Japan B2B * 1/20 Coral Princess - Antarctica