New York to Bermuda and south on Star?

jucaha

Haven't sailed on the Star yet (we're booked on that 10/18 sailing) but have sailed from NY several times in the fall and all I can say is the weather is unpredictable. Have seen it in the 90's and seen it in the 60's. Have also sailed from NJ in February in a blizzard and temps were warm enough to wear shorts by afternoon of day 2. That was heading due south though, not east to Bermuda. Best bet is to follow the weather channel. Should have a good idea a week before sailing.

The Star might not have sailed at the same time last year as it will this year so it might be better to tell us what dates you are sailing. Then we can tell you that at this time of the year, the weather is unpredictable and that you just can't depend on last year to predict this year--you can't even depend on yesterday.;) Still, give us your dates and we'll try to give an idea of what to expect.

Well that makes it easy! You are on the same sailing as Baron Barracuda and he can tell you what kind of weather they are expecting and what they are planning on packing. :)

dw will try to pack anything and everything. It's my job to hold her to 2 suitcases + 2 carry-ons. Free laundry aboard ship will make that easier.

We'll pack for 11 days of warm weather and take our guidance on the other 3 days from the last minute weather forecast.

Thanks for recommendations. My husband is very excited for this cruise...I’ll be happier when we are in the southern Caribbean! Where’re will u be coming from “baron”? We are only 2 1/2 hours from NYC so will be taking a train to the ship. Hope to meet you on board!

Thanks for recommendations. My husband is very excited for this cruise...I’ll be happier when we are in the southern Caribbean! Where’re will u be coming from “baron”? We are only 2 1/2 hours from NYC so will be taking a train to the ship. Hope to meet you on board!

We're in north Jersey, 40 minute drive from port with no traffic. Doubt we'll be that lucky on a Thursday morning. Haven't booked car service yet. Imagine it will be pricey.

What time can we board? Cabin access for our PV2 is 1pm.

Hello fellow cruisers. I just checked the Meet and Mingle sign-up list for the Viking Star's October 18, 2018 Around the Caribbean Sea cruise(NYC to Miami). We have reached 20 participants with approximately 4 months until departure. Hopefully, more will join up as we get closer to our sailing date. Having been to and involved in several M & M's on Viking Ocean ships, I have found that they can be a lot of fun and a great way to get to know your shipmates and some of the ship's officers. Viking provides complimentary cocktails and munchies.

To facilitate the meet and greet aspect, I will bring some Cruise Critic/Viking Oceans name tags that provide space for your Cruise Critic name and your real name. This can be a big help for those of us who are challenged in remembering names. If you haven't signed up for the M & M yet, I encourage you to do so. It will probably be held late in the afternoon on our 2nd cruise day while we are sea in either the Explorer Lounge or Wintergarden depending on the number of participants. Looking forward to the opportunity to meet you on board.

Senior Gators

who sailed on the Star last year from New York City to Bermuda and southern Caribbean? Interested in what yep clothes you packed. I’m assuming the first 3days will be cold.....

It was the Viking Sky last year that did this trip, we left Oct. 27th but they changed the date to earlier this year.

I went to New York 2 days early and the weather was very nice, light jacket and pants were fine. The ship was warm enough and with the cover over the main pool it was never cold leaving new york and the first few days at Sea.

Hope you have nice weather. I have never been on a ship that rough before. Going south from New York I slept in my clothes and shoes the first night waiting for the evacuation order.