A quick review of the Riveria

stanc3

Thank you for the nice review. I just got off of the Marina a few weeks ago and could have posted an almost identical review of the ship and food. And being in a balcony cabin I can say that the ship was nice at that level too :) Julia

Couldn’t agree more!

In general, itineraries in warmer areas will be more casual.

Something about a jacket, even if it is unstructured, looks "dressed up".

Like I said..Saw one person with jeans at night. That was it. Everyone else had slacks & collared shirts. A few coats in the GDM. A lot more coats in the specialty rest. Very few ties. just open collared. I liked the way everyone looked. It gave truth to the meaning of "Country Club Casual"(at least at our club)Not really agree with your idea of "dressed up".

Glad you enjoyed yourself. For future reference (and despite the published 3 bottle limit), you 53106cf47e9b0513e6aa13bff47f7e32.jpgcan bring asmuch wine and spirits onboard for "no charge" in-cabin consumption as you so desire. Take wine to a meal = $25 corkage.

Does this mean that we are able to bring spirits aboard? From the information I've read regarding Oceana's rules, this was forbidden.

This is my first time posting and my questions is this: Reading this post implies we are allowed to bring unlimited bottles of spirits on board in addition to wine, but the information on the rules and regulations of Oceana, this is not allowed. I'm confused.

This is my first time posting and my questions is this: Reading this post implies we are allowed to bring unlimited bottles of spirits on board in addition to wine, but the information on the rules and regulations of Oceana, this is not allowed. I'm confused.

You can bring a reasonable amount of spirits aboard for use in your cabin

unlimited amounts not sure??

If you were on a 10 day cruise & try to bring on 10 bottles of Vodka they may take a dim view of that :halo:

Thank you so much for you review! We will be first time Oceania cruisers in October on Riviera. We booked this for the ship experience and the itinerary (Greek Isles). The more my DH reads abut the ship (and the food), the harder time I am going to have prying him off the ship for our planned excursions!!

Thank you again!

Good to know because that's not what I had read. Thank you!

The rules you see on bringing wine/spirits is their legal out in case people abuse the generous policy of looking the other way

If you do take spirits please drink them in your cabin & not walk around the ship with your handmade drinks

spoiling it for others

The rules you see on bringing wine/spirits is their legal out in case people abuse the generous policy of looking the other way

If you do take spirits please drink them in your cabin & not walk around the ship with your handmade drinks

spoiling it for others

Fully agree.

That said, you can bring your bottle of wine to dinner (any restaurant) and you can enjoy it for a $25 corkage fee. If the bottle is not finished, they will keep it for you until you want it again - in any restaurant for no additional corkage.

Overalls? As in "work" or "farmer" overalls? Worn by men or women or both? Somehow I can't picture it on the typical Oceania passenger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually I've seen that on Oceania, as well as work type suspenders with jeans.

We didn't see jeans or shorts at night except on one person. We're booked again next Jan.

You do realize the conversation was about the Terrace and not the GDR?

Perfectly okay to wear either anywhere except dining rooms(exception Terrace) after 6. That rule don't apply on Oceania.

Does this mean that we are able to bring spirits aboard? From the information I've read regarding Oceana's rules, this was forbidden.

As others responding point out: the published rules are an Oceania "CYA." As long as people don't abuse the unwritten privilege, all will be fine.