Concierge 1 bedroom suite on the Magic that’s wheelchair accessible

DCLCrazy

Can anyone who’s been in the actual room tell me if the toilet is the same as a high sitting toilet like you would see in American handicap stalls? Or are the shorter toilets like all the other ones across the ship? Does anyone have a picture perhaps? I know that’s asking a lot. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't have a photo. What I can tell you is that the toilets in the HA cabins are not quite as high as our raised toilet at home, but significantly higher than a standard toilet. Actually the one at home is about an inch higher than I'd like it, but I had to make a judgement call when I ordered it and there were 2 heights available. I went with the higher one. I'm guessing that the "standard" HA is the other one, which was 2 inches lower than the one I chose.

Yeah, how are you supposed to look at HA toilets in a catalog and know which one to get?

I don't have a photo. What I can tell you is that the toilets in the HA cabins are not quite as high as our raised toilet at home' date=' but significantly higher than a standard toilet.[/quote']

Ok thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are fixed bars on the solid walls and a "fold down" bar that will serve the open space if needed/desired. People have different needs, and this bar that folds out of the way allows all of those needs to be met. Some people need bars on both sides, some find that it impedes their ability to transfer from a wheelchair.

In fairness, I can't say that I've been in every HA cabin on each ship, but we've been in several.