Hilton Day Pass ~ worh it?

jlt123

We did it last year and it was a nice day. I think if you get it from Hilton directly it might be $100, but you can get it from outside vendors for $82. They give you a $40 per person food/drink credit, but don't get the impression that its a lot. The $40 would cover a sandwich (burger), a beer and maybe a soda. The nice feature of the Hilton is that it is an easy walk from the port - 5 minutes or so...no need for taxi, bus, etc.

We went to Sandals in Nassau. We don't normally want to go back to the same place on a port day, but we cannot wait to go back this fall. I think it is $115 a person, but includes your food and drink. The property is great, including the private island.

• 4 weeks later...
We purchased the day pass about 10 years ago for $15 pp, it was worth that. Now, not so much. Melia is much nicer.

Once upon a time it was $5 pp, then in was like $15 with a credit. We still do this and for us it is worth it traveling with children. We like to have the pool and beach option.

My youngest is free, the oldest at a kids rate and the adults get some credit for food and drink, not that it gets you much, but enough to give the kids snacks, plus a clean bathroom! The bathrooms at Junkanoo are pretty horrible. So, it all depends. For us, worth it. But I will pay whatever to make my life traveling with kids easier and more enjoyable.

We sent a deposit in for our July day pass but I read on another thread, and saw a picture posted yesterday on another site that there's construction going on right next door. I may just have to eat the $40.00 I already put out for a deposit and go somewhere else.

I have not posted here in a long time, but I feel like I need to reply. We were on the Sky last week and we took a cab to Sandals. We have done this three years in a row with no problem. This time we were told that for the time being Sandals was not issuing day passes. We had no idea what to do. The guard at the gate suggested Breezes and that is where we went. It was a terrible mistake. It was Grad Week. It was okay at first and then a large number of high school kids started emerging from their rooms. They proceeded to get incredibly drunk. I would call Sandals first to make sure.

I don't know if this this is a long term situation for Sandals or something temporary. I was very disappointed.

We sent a deposit in for our July day pass but I read on another thread, and saw a picture posted yesterday on another site that there's construction going on right next door. I may just have to eat the $40.00 I already put out for a deposit and go somewhere else.

I just called Island Marketing and they will refund my money or I can switch to another resort.