Thalassotherapy pool/Sauna/Steam on Marina?

LaCroisiereS'amuse

Hello,

Just planning a return to "O" after 5 years & cannot recall the charges for the Thalassotherapy pool/Sundeck, and the prices (if any) for the steam rooms.

Can anyone help? I've done a search on here & only come up with the spa treatments price list.

Thanks in advance :)

That's the one I mean.....on Regatta it's a very large sea water hot tub with a small sundeck' date=' for which there was a charge if you weren't having a spa treatment. I'm guessing Marina is the same :confused:[/quote']

It is the same deal on the Marina. The Steam Room/ Sauna is available at no cost, and the T pool is the same setup with the exception that there are two smaller hot tub sized T pools rather than a single larger one. The deck plans are still incorrect, in this respect.

121146.jpg Unless you are in a Suite, free access to the T pool(s) is only offered for one hour before or one hour after a Spa treatment. Otherwise, you'd need to buy a pass to that deck.

121030.jpgThe passes are sold by the day or for the entire cruise. The cost and the availability of the passes depends on the discretion of the Spa manager. They are not sold or issued in advance.

Hope this helped, have a great cruise.

Edited by JimandStan

Thanks Jim & Stan.....when you say "suite" does that include the PHs or just the OVO's?:)

Funny that you should ask that. While we were on the Inaugural Passage, I assumed that the Spa Deck pass was only for OVO passengers and was corrected very sharply by a Penthouse guest.

After that, I minded my manners more closely :rolleyes:

Funny that you should ask that. While we were on the Inaugural Passage, I assumed that the Spa Deck pass was only for OVO passengers and was corrected very sharply by a Penthouse guest.

After that, I minded my manners more closely :rolleyes:

Maybe, like me, they had booked too late to get an OVO & have to "slum it" in a PH1 :(;)

Maybe' date=' like me, they had booked too late to get an OVO & have to "slum it" in a PH1 :(;)[/quote']

You could do a lot worse, the Penthouses on Marina are really extraordinary

marina-penthouse-suite.jpg

We're booked into one for the Riviera maiden ;)

I was pulling your leg....... :D

They look like they have a much better use of space than the PHs on the R ships, & even over the Queens Suites on Cunard's QM2 (which have lots of wasted space, a poor layout & decor from an Ikea catalogue!).

Really looking forward to it.....

I was pulling your leg....... :D

They look like they have a much better use of space than the PHs on the R ships' date=' & even over the Queens Suites on Cunard's QM2 (which have lots of wasted space, a poor layout & decor from an Ikea catalogue!).

Really looking forward to it.....[/quote']

You have a good eye sir, they ARE nicer than the Queens Suites (although we haven't yet sampled the new QE).

If I had to pick the one thing that impressed me most about the Marina, it would have to be the quality and finish of the decor and furnishings. Positively everything is top of the line.

125449.jpg125422.jpg

• 7 months later...
We are booked on Marina this October in PH. Just to confirm, the hot tubs and thalassotherapy pool area are available to us with no extra charge?

You've asked a tricky question...

The Hot tubs are on the pool deck and are available to all passengers.

115859.jpg

As a Suite passenger you will have free access to the Spa DECK, which is where the Thallasotherapy Pool IS, but use of the T-pool is not listed as a Suite Benefit.

121147.jpg

The Spa offers several treatments which are executed IN the T-Pools, and although there are two T-pools, I imagine that would be hard to coordinate if ALL of the Suite Pax had free access to the T-pools, so you might want to check with the Spa manager.

Hope this helped-

Enjoy your cruise :D

• 6 years later...
You've asked a tricky question...

The Hot tubs are on the pool deck and are available to all passengers.

115859.jpg

As a Suite passenger you will have free access to the Spa DECK, which is where the Thallasotherapy Pool IS, but use of the T-pool is not listed as a Suite Benefit.

121147.jpg

The Spa offers several treatments which are executed IN the T-Pools, and although there are two T-pools, I imagine that would be hard to coordinate if ALL of the Suite Pax had free access to the T-pools, so you might want to check with the Spa manager.

Hope this helped-

Enjoy your cruise :D

Ah... Is there any current information about whether these Spa Deck Hot Tubs are/are not included/available for suite guests' use?

Even if so, we'd still miss that larger Thallasotherapy Pool on the Spa Deck on the Riviera.

We are trying to find out what the current rules/availability is, to better manage our expectations :)

Thanks!

GC

Ah... Is there any current information about whether these Spa Deck Hot Tubs are/are not included/available for suite guests' use?

Even if so, we'd still miss that larger Thallasotherapy Pool on the Spa Deck on the Riviera.

We are trying to find out what the current rules/availability is, to better manage our expectations :)

Thanks!

GC

You can used the spa deck if you are in a concierge cabin or above

if in a B-G you can ask the spa manager for a day pass or if you have a treatment in the spa you can use the spa deck for specific time frame (I think) before or after the treatment

It was suggested above that perhaps not all suite passengers could use the Spa Deck Hot Tubs at all times due to usage for "treatments".

At least for the last time we were on Riviera, there seemed to be no such restriction for the Thallasotherapy Pool...

... hence the question about whether suite pax do or do not have free use of the Spa Hot Tubs on Marina... or are there restricted hours or such?

GC

It was suggested above that perhaps not all suite passengers could use the Spa Deck Hot Tubs at all times due to usage for "treatments".

At least for the last time we were on Riviera, there seemed to be no such restriction for the Thallasotherapy Pool...

... hence the question about whether suite pax do or do not have free use of the Spa Hot Tubs on Marina... or are there restricted hours or such?

GC

People that are NOT in Concierge cabins & above are restricted

A, PH, OC, OS & VS cabins can use the spa deck when the spa is open

just check their opening/closing hours

GC

That "suggestion" was from 7 years ago. Currently I don't see any treatments that use the hot tubs. It might be a then vs now thing.

The only thing vaguely close would be to buy a day pass, but that doesn't give you exclusive use, only shared.

Open Access to the Spa Deck, where the thalassotherapy pools are located, is granted to all Concierge and above Passengers. Below is a photograph of the pools on Marina.

Entrance to The Spa Deck is only through the Spa itself, so that means that the decks are only an option during those hours when the Spa is open.

Certain Treatments sold by the Spa, either begin or end with use of the T pool, and Spa Employee's

may ask other patrons to exit the pool during the course of those services.

Oceania-Cruises-O-Class-Marina-Canyon-Ranch-Spa-Club-terrace-spa.jpg

Otherwise, there are no restrictions.

People that are NOT in Concierge cabins & above are restricted

A, PH, OC, OS & VS cabins can use the spa deck when the spa is open

just check their opening/closing hours

To be clear, the potential problem mentioned above (by JimandStan, who seem to know their stuff, and were especially helpful when we were first exploring Oceania) was described as this:

"The Spa offers several treatments which are executed IN the T-Pools, and although there are two T-pools, I imagine that would be hard to coordinate if ALL of the Suite Pax had free access to the T-pools, so you might want to check with the Spa manager."

Does anyone have actual information about whether there are limitations on the Spa *Hot Tubs* specifically (not the general Spa Deck, where no mention has been made about restrictions)?

If so, are there set hours when use is restricted to "spa treatments"?

I hadn't previously noticed any comments about "treatments" in the Spa Pools causing restrictions of any sort, so this just caught us a bit by surprise.

[As an aside, I'd feel a bit peculiar having "treatments" in public areas, even if just the Spa Deck, but others apparently feel otherwise, which is obviously fine.]

Again, we are just trying to calibrate our expectations, which helps avoid disappointments, etc.

Thanks.

GC

all I can say is I have not seen anyone have a spatreatment on the spa deck but then I do not spend all day there

I just wonder what they use the tubs in the spa area for if not for PRIVATE treatments?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/canyon-ranch-spa-club-311057/canyon-ranch-spa-club--v14125165/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/canyon-ranch-spa-club-311057/canyon-ranch-spa-club--v14122639/

call Canyon ranch and ask then you will know how to plan your time there

On our recent cruise on Nautica, I was told that I would need to buy a pass if I wanted to use the thelassotherapy pool prior to my spa treatments. (We were staying in a veranda cabin, not a suite.) Seems a shame to not allow passengers who are paying for Canyon Ranch service to not be able to relax there for a short while if they desire. Most spas everywhere encourage patrons to come in early to relax. (And there was no one on the private deck.)