Leaving Soon....Document Question

TxnAquarian

We are leaving on our first Seabourn cruise in a few weeks for the June 26 sailing of the Encore. I was wondering if we are required to take the Final Documents on our online cruise registration to the pier for boarding?

Also, does Seabourn send a welcome kit and documents prior to the cruise, like Silversea and Regent do? If so, when can we expect this to arrive?

Thanks for the help!

Michael

We are leaving on our first Seabourn cruise in a few weeks for the June 26 sailing of the Encore. I was wondering if we are required to take the Final Documents on our online cruise registration to the pier for boarding?

Also, does Seabourn send a welcome kit and documents prior to the cruise, like Silversea and Regent do? If so, when can we expect this to arrive?

Thanks for the help!

Michael

I would take them. I usually don't and was caught out last March in Singapore. Security at the entrance to the boarding gate (before any Seabourn people) insisted on it being produced.

Luckily I had attached my printed luggage labels to my carry-on, so he finally let us through.

We usually receive our documents about 2 weeks prior, but we're in Australia so they probably take longer than in the rest of the world:)

If you filled out the online docs no need to take a printed copy. You should receive sticky paper tags identifying your bags so they get delivered to the correct suite, a book w/ your itinerary and suggestions on what to bring, and luggage tags. We typically receive that package about 6-8 weeks in advance but only got it 2 days ago for a cruise in a month from now.

I hope as a 1st time Seabourn cruiser you took advantage of the $400 referral credit.

Hi there

Cruisers from the US may be able to clarify this for you in terms of any regional peculiarities, but from an Australian perspective, we get our final documents pack 4-6 weeks from leaving. The "pack" for the last few years has included a silly padded pouch thing very much like an old correspondence pouch, but ostensibly for a tablet device which is too tight for a large one and too big for a smaller one. That reminds me, I must do another clear out of crazy collateral cruising waste and hope a small child somewhere might be able to use it and that it doesn't become automatic landfill. (Perhaps this could be a new thread - what do you do with your "stuff"?)

The pack will include a personalised booklet with available excursions and other ship details in one handy document. There is no real need to take this with you as the information is on board.

Online registration for "express boarding" - we have always completed the documents but have never been asked for any print outs.

A passport and credit card is all we provide for check in.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
If you filled out the online docs no need to take a printed copy. You should receive sticky paper tags identifying your bags so they get delivered to the correct suite, a book w/ your itinerary and suggestions on what to bring, and luggage tags. We typically receive that package about 6-8 weeks in advance but only got it 2 days ago for a cruise in a month from now.

I hope as a 1st time Seabourn cruiser you took advantage of the $400 referral credit.

I'm interested in the $400 referral credit. Could you please contact me at HiediWeiss at gmail dot com.