Jogging?

Parsley Cruises

That's great (weather permitting obviously), I prefer to avoid treadmills if at all possible.

Thanks.:cool:

The deck is covered for the most part. In a light rain you should still be able to run. They will close the deck to all guests if it is unsafe.

• 2 weeks later...

You can definitely jog around the deck, but I found there were lots of people walking laps who did not appreciate me passing them over and over again on some tight turns. I ended up on the treadmill after a couple of days on the deck just because it didn't seem worth the hassle.

Fairbourne & Parsley Cruises:

Humor in online communication can be misinterpreted. No one is going to take foghorns and cattle prods literally, but perhaps they do reflect an attitude. Deck 2 is not designated for runners. Walkers and those simply looking at the view have every bit as much right to be there and enjoy that part of the ship as anyone else. Joggers who think their cardio benefits are going to fall apart if they slow down (or walk) for 5 seconds are just as self-indulgent as walkers who will not alter their path when they see a jogger coming at them. By the way, there is a spot at the bow where only one person at a time can pass through. Two people walking together will go through single file. It is on a curve, and if the jogger is coming from either direction, someone is going to have to choose to be courteous on very short notice.

Fairbourne & Parsley Cruises:

Humor in online communication can be misinterpreted. No one is going to take foghorns and cattle prods literally, but perhaps they do reflect an attitude. Deck 2 is not designated for runners. Walkers and those simply looking at the view have every bit as much right to be there and enjoy that part of the ship as anyone else. Joggers who think their cardio benefits are going to fall apart if they slow down (or walk) for 5 seconds are just as self-indulgent as walkers who will not alter their path when they see a jogger coming at them. By the way, there is a spot at the bow where only one person at a time can pass through. Two people walking together will go through single file. It is on a curve, and if the jogger is coming from either direction, someone is going to have to choose to be courteous on very short notice.

Oh for crying out loud Richard2 - total sense of humour failure!!!

The only "attitude" reflected from me anyway is a bit of fun - and that's certainly what I picked up from Parsley's post, hence my response!

So sad that these days the "PC brigade" chime in on everything!!!

Just for the record I'm not a jogger! Live and let live I say!

Jogging outdoors is something I normally do early in the morning (yip, that time of day when people who have eaten/drunk too much are still in the land of nod).

I am doubting the pleasure to be gained from serious jogging on a small ship - maybe I'll have to stick to the gym? However, I don't jog every day (only 3 days a week), so I'll sort something out.

If push comes to shove, I can always jog inside up and down the corridors on the accommodation decks. I've done it before, and if needs be I'll do it again.

Oh for crying out loud Richard2 - total sense of humour failure!!!

The only "attitude" reflected from me anyway is a bit of fun - and that's certainly what I picked up from Parsley's post, hence my response!

So sad that these days the "PC brigade" chime in on everything!!!

Just for the record I'm not a jogger! Live and let live I say!

Ah, of course, stupid me, it's the Just Joking Justification.

There is a lot of that in the news these days, as is the criticism that it's all my fault for not having a sense of humor.

Hilarious. So clever.

Fog horn - clearly just a silly comment. Cattle prod - strange choice, possibly quite condescending - but that is just me being the PC brigade.