Hotel problem- Monte Carlo departure

wave18

In September, we are sailing from Monte Carlo to Barcelona on Encore. Flying into Nice but no hotel space in Monte Carlo. Considering staying in Nice one night due to convenience to attractions but requires lengthy transport to port in Monte Carlo.... versus staying in Four Seasons Grand Hotel du Cap Ferret(recommended by Seabourn) which appears to be too far from Nice for walking around and still requires needing transport to Monte Carlo port.

Advice???

I agree. Stay in Nice. Try The Grand Hyatt Palais de la Mediterrannee or La Perouse. The book a private care transfer to the ship. It's not far at all.

You can't go wrong with the Grand Hyatt Palais de la Mediterranee. Great location, lovely rooms, excellent breakfast. Stayed there last May prior to our Seabourn Odyssey Monte Carlo to Monte Carlo cruise. We hired Loic Coelenbrier to transfer us from the Nice airport to the hotel and to the ship in Monte Carlo. Also used him for some touring. On time very time. Great guy. Very good English. Clean non-smoking vehicle. loic@softagency.fr

We used the train once, together with two large and heavy suitcases. Train was fine and views were lovely; arriving station was not... elevator was being fixed and electric stairs not functioning... We also had problems with taxi availability. Maybe a one-off day.

another good hotel in Nice is Exedra - a Boscolo hotel

I find Hyatt too expensive as is la Perouse but Nice is " Cote d'Azur" :D

for the transfer try mydriver.com - they are very good and not too expensive and a lot cheaper as SB transfers !!

in Monte Carlo it is not fun to go from Railway station to terminal ( with luggage) and usually taxi's are not found and even refusing such a transfer

Negresco Hotel in Nice.

One of the Grand hotels of Europe. Across the road from the pebble beach. Wonderful restaurant on the premises.

For a bit of fun try the helicopter shuttle between NCE airport and Monaco. Very frequent departures and surprisingly inexpensive. If you don't flinch over the hotel prices mentioned in this thread, you will find the helicopter ride great.

Negresco Hotel in Nice.

One of the Grand hotels of Europe. Across the road from the pebble beach. Wonderful restaurant on the premises.

For a bit of fun try the helicopter shuttle between NCE airport and Monaco. Very frequent departures and surprisingly inexpensive. If you don't flinch over the hotel prices mentioned in this thread, you will find the helicopter ride great.

Which is where I met my better half. :cool:

We loved the Negresco, but it is quirky and very old fashioned. A bit of an acquired taste, certainly for those who like slick modern cookie-cutter hotels. The carousel type restaurant is great for breakfast, and fairly inexpensive for an evening meal; the other restaurant is rather special.

I would stay in Nice. We did this a couple of years ago, picked up at the hotel at 11am and we were at the port before 12 noon after a lovely scenic drive. It wasn't too expensive, I've just looked up the company we used and they are quoting 68 euros for the journey.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Forums mobile app

Nice is beautiful, but we have been there a number of times so we stayed in St. Paul de Vence last month - it was really lovely. We took an UBER to the Odyssey. It worked out just fine.

In the past, we picked up a car from Avis and drove from Monaco to Nice. It was really difficult getting out of Monaco, even with navigation. However, the advantage of having a car is you can easily visit Eze, which is breathtaking, on your way to the ship. The restaurant at the top of the village has wonderful views.

Enjoy yourselves.

Linda

We loved the Negresco, but it is quirky and very old fashioned. A bit of an acquired taste, certainly for those who like slick modern cookie-cutter hotels. The carousel type restaurant is great for breakfast, and fairly inexpensive for an evening meal; the other restaurant is rather special.

Agree. I always describe the Negresco as an old lady with too much rouge trying to resemble an earlier time.

You already have many ideas, but I will add

I used “Bruno” from Azuri Cab recently to take me from Nice airport to city Nice, my TA had arranged him. I believe he also goes to Monaco, gave me his card.

He had a nice car with AC, good rates, he did not play annoying music, was professional, and spoke good English so I did not have to butcher the French language.

Azuri Cab ,

azuricab@gmail.com

06 65 49 90 67

The comments regarding the train service from Nice to Monaco is on the money regarding taxi's at the station on arrival. We ordered one via a street phone at the station exit, after trying to flag one on street. The cabbies were just not interested!, and resorted to the street phone in the end. Last time we used the Express Bus from the Nice Airport, the nice driver set us down at a stop near the port and we rolled our cases down to the port. There might be a similar Express Bus from Nice city centre, I think there is.