Tux or dark suit

mljatsea

I know the dress issue takes up too much space on this board but DH asked me to pose this: Are tuxes or dark suits in the majority on the QM2, esp. for Britannia? We are on a crossing. If he takes the tux should he also have a dark sport coat for other evenings? Our last two cruises were on Seabourn where was there was a mere smattering of tuxes. DH hasn't taken a tux on a cruise in ten years but looks dashing in his--and yes, it still fits.

My question regarding the the masquerade ball--do people take their masks to dinner or just to the ball? We are not ballroom dancers and doubt we would be attending.

Tuxes are usually in the majority on formal nights with some dark suits. He will need another jacket for Smart Attire evenings, it doesn't have to be dark.

Masks are usually only worn to the balls, you don't need to be dancers to attend. The people watching opportunities are tremendous.

Have a great trip.

We are on QV for a week in October. There are two formals, the first is the Royal Cunard Ball and I shall be wearing a very dark grey Tux/dinner suit but with a Red and Gold bow tie to follow the "Red and Gold" dress code. The second is a Victoriana Ball and I had a Tux made for me and it is made from blue chinese silk with a black pattern woven in. I think it looks phenomenal and my good lady seems to agree. On formal nights we mostly see Tuxes on the men and a variety of very nice dresses on the ladies.

Not been to a masquerade ball yet but as we are on QM" for a month at the end of next year I rather think they will fit one in then! Looking forward to it.

Peter and Jenny

The correct answer is White Dinner Jacket.

There is no way to be overdressed on QM2.

If your husband would go for White Tie, he would stand out, but in a positive way.

Dark jackets are not required on informal nights, one could also go with something lighter, like yellow trousers and a red jacket. ;)

We dined in Britain and I'd say 90% were in a tux on formal nights. This was a TA though and I believe people do go all out and some looked very dapper. Your husband certainly won't look out of place in a dark suit but he/you might just regret not wearing it. On informal nights my hubby wore a lovely dark blue blazer type jacket and smart dark blue trousers.

I wear the dark suit, and my black coat does double-duty with other clothes. Unfortunately my tux does not fit well anymore so it stays in the basement hoping for better days. As your DH looks dashing in a tux, he should work it as much as possible. And if there is room in the luggage, bring another jacket for the other nights.