Roll Call for the March 2005 Pride Crossing

Martha B.

Sailor's~~~~~if you have booked, please post!

A HUGE announcement will be coming as to the big "Gala"........

A large number of us booked while on the 2004 Pride Crossing......

Hope all had a fun and safe Memorial weekend!

MB

Lord Stephen~~~~it's the "Barefoot Contessa" here......sooooo thrilled you and the Prince will be aboard! I just had an e-mail from Carlos informing me that Captain Rodahl will be at the helm and my good friend, Vitor Alves will be the Hotel Manager! Can you just picture Captain "Royal" in his dress whites with his royal sash and all his decorations? Our good buddy, H.D. is wearing TAILS, as is I.R. I have a new fabulous Mary McFadden gown and am ordering my sash and rosette soon......will buy a few royal decorations in Sept. when I'm in Dublin. (I'm to be from "The Kingdom of Texas"....via Irish grandfather from County Wexford---name, Roche)I have a wonderful new tiara.......big STARS on it! In West Texas, we would exclaim, "Yee Haw!"

Again, am sooooo happy you two will be joining us and attending "The Royal Affair!" And no doubt, it will truly be, "An Affair To Remember!"

"Amigos Para Siempre!"

MB

Princess & Prince~~~~I am thrilled you two are joining us! What fun we will have! I have visited with a few "Royals" and they are all ordering and planning their "outfits" as we speak! Actually on the invitation it will read, "Formal Dress"~~~~~Most sailor's will be aware they need to bring their sashes and decorations.......I'm going to take Captain Rodahl's sash, etc. as well as Vitor's!

Again~~~~soooo happy you've booked! This voyage will be UNforgettable!

Happy Trails and Sails

MB

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor's~~~~Good news! I heard last week of 4 more booking our March Pride "Puttin' On the Ritz" Crossing~~~~ What fun and phooey we are planning! Come join the "Royal's" in March of 2005!

MB

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor's~~~~Heard yesterday of another "Royal" that booked...... His Lordship J. Davis!

I have run into a "brick wall" as to ordering a Queen Elizabeth "cardboard stand-up"......if any of you Seabourn-ites know of a site where I may purchase her, please post. "Lilibeth" HAS to be in attendance!

Plans for the Gala are coming along nicely. I found and ordered the Royal invitations. Sailors are ordering their sashes, decorations, medals, tiara's, crown's, royal jewelry, and adornments!

There are NO rules as to the big "Royal Affair"......just decide as to whom you would like to be.....a King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Duchess, etc., etc.....you might also select the Country of your ancestry and wear the colors of your country's flag. I know one Norwegian Queen that will wear red, white and blue, as to the flag of Norway. Of course, the dress will be formal attire! Some of the "royalty" will be in TAILS!

There will be a cocktail party in The Constellation Crown Room, the dinner

and then dancing to The Seabourn Pride Quartet. We'll be "Puttin' On The Ritz!"

the Baroness MB

I have run into a "brick wall" as to ordering a Queen Elizabeth "cardboard stand-up"......if any of you Seabourn-ites know of a site where I may purchase her, please post. "Lilibeth" HAS to be in attendance!

You won't find one. Buck house refused a licence for them. Only way you'll get one made is to custom make it yourself. There's a company at http://www.lifesizegreetings.com/ that will do them for you but the best way is to go to a copy shop, have a picture blown up to life size then make it yourself. Much cheaper.

R&R

R & R~~~~~Many thanks for your excellent suggestion! I e-mailed Norm and ask him to check around, but he said he thought in England it was not allowed. Soooo will certainly look in to the possibility of having one custom made.

Thanks again!

MB

Count Dr. D~~~~~I thought perhaps on your summer travels you and M.J. might shop for your royal sash's and decorations......Captain, King of Norway Rodahl has selected a sash of red, white and blue~~~colors of his Norwegian flag! I found and have "bejeweled" his NEW Crown! (do you remember how he loved struttin' a'round the Pride with his OLD one?)

I'm going to shop while in Dublin.......I actually need to go to AUSTIN since I'll be from "The Kingdom of Texas!"

What pure "fun and phooey" we are going to have, "Puttin' On The Ritz!" I say, "If the Queen Mary2 guests can enjoy an Ascot Affair, so can we!"

Soooo happy we'll have another 12 sea days together! Do you realize this will be our 4th Pride March Crossing? How time does fly!

"Port Out Starboard Home!"

The Baroness

Ahoy Mates!

This year has sailed by....we've had so much fun.

Come drop your anchor, don't be outdone!

Do celebrate and raise a flute,

Just say, "aye, aye, Cap'n and then salute!

We'll see you on the Pride,

March 15th is the date.......Please join our

"Group", you'll be the 1st mate!

MB

• 3 weeks later...

Good news! Another couple has booked......HRH Queen of Norway, MBT and her husband, DT, His Majesty, King of Poland will be in attendance!!

Those sailor's thinking of booking should do so NOW........I heard while "strolling thru' the grape-vines" the Crossing is selling OUT!

Plans are almost complete......afterall, in just 7 months, I'll be UPSing the party box's to Ft. Laud. to be handcarried on board the Pride! One can NEVER have too many party favors OR decorations for a PRIDE gala!

'lest we forget, "later doesn't come for everybody!"

MB The Marchioness, from The Kingdom of Texas

Not sure if I should start a Roll Call for the March 2006 Pride Crossing thread. The UK brochure came out today and I've just booked for March 06. Particularly as I try and book the Run of the Ship 110% rate, it's important to get in early! :D And for some reason, the March crossings have been getting increasingly popular - my first one had 97 passengers, 150 on the last one!

Added it to my signature but I see it's over 600 days away :( .

Anyone going to join me?

Archived