Martha B~Rubber Door Stoppers

TootyJane

Martha B,

When I was on the Legend in February and I think in your "Suite 232," the closet door didn't need a rubber door stopper. There was some sort of gizmo to catch the door stop which kept the door open. I do like the idea of the rubber door stopper to leave the door open for room service!! HTH

2-14-04 Seabourn Legend
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;2;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

6-19-04 Disney Magic
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

3-19-05 Diamond Princess
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;3;19;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

TootyJane~~~~ YES, you were in Mother's and my room! hahaha I use to get so tickled at her saying, "we like to stay right by the "lobby" and the "welcoming desk!" She would not call it THE PURSOR! I ask her one time why she referred to the Pursor as "The welcoming desk".......she answered, "well, it sounds soooo much more friendly!" That was Miss Jewel Grace! (Bless her heart, she died 1 year ago today.....I've been so sad)
And many times in some suites those dern closet doors will NOT stay open.........they'll slam right in your face......or when you're looking for something in the closet and WHAM.......it's Carlsbad Caverns! I agree with you as to it being so convenient to slip a door stop under, when you're expecting room service or a friend to drop by....for a flute of champagne!

Sail on, Seabourn-ites!
MB

• 1 month later...
Martha,
Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I had the privledge of sitting next to her one evening at dinner when we dined with the Captain on the November 30, 2001 sailing of the Pride. She was full of life a really got around on her horse (walker) even on Prickley Pear.

Great tip on the rubber doorstops.

Thank you for posting of Mother and her "horse".......Yes, she loved Seabourn picnic's, especially Virgin Gorda. I have booked this Dec. 12th-19th Pride sailing in memory of her........I have missed her so very much! I'm writing a book titled, "Cruisin' With Mama"........many hilarious true stories of Miss Jewel Grace at sea! Those were certainly days of "wine and roses!" Wasn't that the cruise Captain Rodahl presented Mother with 2 dozen red roses? And she said to him, "I'm 92 and I've just renewed my Passport, so I'll see again real soon, Captain!!"
Thank you again for your sweet posting!
MB

I checked your ports for the Pride Nov. 28th sailing.......the ports are wonderful and most interesting as Mother and I did this exact sailing one year. Will your Island picnic be on Nevis?

"Port Out Starboard Home"
MB

Martha,
From what I can tell there will be no picnic on this sailing. They are doing a High Tea and fashion show at the botanical gardens. If that's the case I may skip it.

Dearest Seabourn Diva, So glad to hear the happy memories of your Mom's life on Seabourn. What a wonderful lady! My fondest wish is to have everyone remember me with the same warmth on Seabourn. There is only
one way--The Seabourn Way! Absolutely, Heaven on Earth. Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!

One true story for my book.........
My brother and I sailed with Mother on the Legend one May.......there was a darlin' couple that I wanted to meet the 2nd day out. I walked up, introduced myself......they were delighted as they were having kinda a hard time "getting in the ship's social circle".......I ask them to come and meet my brother and Mother. He was The Minister of Finance of Kuwait and she was his gorgeous, very sweet wife! We invited them to dinner that night, as we were having a 'lit party. We had such a great time that evening.........everyone at the table throughly enjoyed our new Kuwait friends! The next morning Mother was sitting there in her blue satin nightgown having her "proverbial pancakes" and she said to me, "NOW just who was the nice foreign couple that sat with us last night at dinner?" I said, "Oh, you mean the MINISTER of Finance and his sweet wife?" (she was 91 and had a 'lit hearing problem) Well Mama replied.......... "A PREACHER, how lovely........... wonder what denomination they are? Sure hope they're Baptist!" What exactly SHOULD I have said to her then ?????? I just rolled my eyes and thought, "this is certainly going to be another interesting week at sea with MAMA" And it was!!!!

MB

Martha, when your book gets published I will be one of the first to the store to buy it. I love reading about all the fun times you had cruising with your mother. Between you and Rotterdam you both have such wonderful tales. I am fortunate that before my father took a turn for the worse we took him on his first cruise - at the tender age of 88. While he may not have many of his facilties left, he does talk about the wonders of his first cruise. You were so very fortunate to have many such adventures with your Mom. I am sure that her spirit is with you on every cruise you take.

Archived