Seabourn Transatlantic Dress Code

Daneite

I know you will be able to help me with this, better than asking Seabourn themselves! Is the transatlantic more formal on Seabourn as it used to be on Cunard? How many formal nights will we have on the Legend November transatlantic? I know there will be the Welcome party, the club party and the "sod off" party but any more formal as it is ALL sea days??

Daneite

Daneite~~~~'Hola and Howdy, Girlfriend!

We have 3 formal evenings on our Pride 12 day voyage in March, however I think we dress a 'bit more formal at night on the Crossings. As you know, our evenings are so special, as we meet for cocktails about 6:30 in the Club......then dinner from 7:30 to ?........then we all go either to a show or back to the Club. The only informal nights are the 1st and last, but we even "dress" for those! Makes the voyage festive!

I will add that this is true in our group........some guests do not dress and even a few will dine up in the Veranda or in their suite to avoid formal dress.

Have a wonderful voyage on the beautiful M/V Legend!

MB

This will be our 4th transatlantic on the Legend (November) There is only 1 casual (other than first and last night), when we enjoy "Dinner under the stars" on deck.

Although it is a bit more formal, noone seems tomind, and everyone looks their best!

CruiserDan

http://www.saintpeterealtors.com

PS, Only 8 posts?? I don't thinks so!!

Hey Dan~~~~

On our Pride March Crossings most of the guests "dress" for dinner. Our three formal nights that are hosted by the Captain, Cruise Director, etc., etc. are "glitz and glamour"........then I always have a festive gala.....there are other guests that host parties......on our March sailing this year we were treated to a "stuffed animal royal wedding"........(can you imagine?) Everyone dressed up........for Seabourn-ites that do not enjoy dressing for dinner a Transatlantic Crossing may not be their "cup of tea".......I suppose the reason we choose to dress for dinner is we have no ports.....(well, one, Funchal) and evenings are "the specialty and main feature of the day!"

I, for one, enjoy dressing for dinner and certainly enjoy seeing my shipmates looking spiffy and fashionable.......

Happy Trails and Sails!

MB

Martha, I agree with you, when we are at sea I much prefer to dress up, it makes dinner more special (if that is possible). I asked the question because I would not want to take all the wrong things.

CruiserDan, thanks for the help, 4th transatlantic on the Legend? You must really enjoy it!!

What sort of weather have you experienced? I would have thought good but it is better to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak!

Daneite

Daniete,

The weather is perfect, mostly smooth and always warm and sunny! But the best part of the Legend transatlantic in November is the people. Its like going to a family reunion, but better yet, you choose the family!!! This 4th transatlantic on Legend in Nov. will probably be the last for a while, as I would like to try the Pride next year, and maybe do something on Seabourn in Dec 2005..who knows?

Hope this helps, and I look forward to meeting you in November!

CruiserDan

http://www.saintpeterealtors.com

Dan~~~~Come join us on the Pride Crossing, March 15th.....I will guarantee an unforgettable voyage! Yes, the Transatlantic Crossings are akin to "reunions"......do come to our "Royal Affair"........it's going to be a hoot and a holler! The Guys will have their tuxedo's anyway and the Gals will pack a long formal gown. Crowns, tiaras, sashes, decorations, medals and adornments don't require alot of room in your luggage! Cocktails in "The Constellation Crown Room".......the dinner in the Dining room and champagne and dancing in the "Regal" Club should entice you to book! We'd love to have you!

The Baroness

Archived