New orleans a cab cost

LISRAREF

Was wondering if anyone knew the cost for a cab in New Orleans?

We will be looking for a can from:

Airport to French quarter?

French quarter to port?

Port to airport?

Any past experience or ideas would be appreciated so we can plan appropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by LISRAREF

It's been a couple of years but it cost us $70 for four people, TONS of luggage and a generous tip for a taxi from the airport to the Drury inn downtown. This may not be exactly what you'll pay but it should be a close estimate

I'm not sure of your circumstances but consider splitting up your party on the day of embarkation to save money. We spent the morning we departed walking around Jackson Square. We then walked to the Riverwalk Mall at the end of Julia St. My wife took the kids and leisurely shopped their way through the mall. I went back to the hotel, gathered the luggage and then grabbed a cab to the pier. The cost for short trips was $10 per person. The cab cost was $10 for just me and the luggage - not including tip. Note that this plan will only work if your ship departs from the Julia St terminal. The escalator from the food court in the mall goes down to the whale parking lot next to the Julia terminal. The Erato terminal is too far to walk to.

We did not take a cab from the pier to the airport so I can't answer that question.

Current rates are $33 for two from the airport to the French Quarter. Same fare from cruise terminal to the airport, and $10 per person from FQ to the terminal.

If you decide to use Twotall's method to save a few bucks, you can now access both Julia Street and Erato Street through the new Riverwalk outlet mall. There is an elevator to Julia, and you can walk straight through to Erato.

• 2 weeks later...

jgmpuma is correct, it is a flat rate. We did this a few months ago and the prices quoted are accurate. :)

I stayed directly across the street at the Marriott Convention Center and thought the walk was a pain carrying luggage.

Well, I guess it's not for everyone but we stayed at the Embassy Suites by the Convention Center and were thrilled to be able to walk down the street to the terminal. Fabulous!

We were able to walk to the ship from the Westin/Harrahs/Doubletree. Easy 20 minute walk that takes u in the outlets and past cafe du monde. Once inside the outlets, there are signs to the ship. We had 2 big rollers and three backpacks. It was a little humid but that was short lived. ImageUploadedByForums1409587707.069251.jpg.0b526a71be832bb4b94b37970c9d22e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1409587646.502998.jpg.dc7d75eb4f4d4203e90ec3a9e7c1d432.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1409587679.166016.jpg.13240f0adecb6f43ab360e44da7ad7bb.jpg

Taxi service from MSY-FQ hotel. 3 people 42 dollars plus 12 dollars tip for extra awesome service!! Same price from port to MSY!

ImageUploadedByForums1409587971.533432.jpg.cd1fdf948f4b617025087d7c2f647041.jpg

I can't praise Lucien enough for starting and ending our vacation with such awesome service!!!! He was truly friendly, positive and sincere. His positive attitude and genuine exemplary customer service amazed me. We have never ever experienced this with any taxi or shuttle company. He owns a brand new comfortable suburban which is under a big New Orleans can company.

It is cheaper to take a cab to the port from MSY then use a shuttle or carnival transfer. We researched this. The prices are set, so all cab companies charge the same. We paid 42 dollars for three of us.

Lucien's service was 100 out of a possible of 10 points. Lol. I even put his number in my phone for future NOLA vacations.

Kudos to Lucien!!! Thank you for being a ray of sunshine!!! I will put his number here with his approval and since all cabs charge the same, I don't think it counts as advertising. I just think future Nola visitors should start their vacations right!! Or u guys can pM me if Mods take number down. 1 (504) 261-2929

Thank you

• 2 months later...
Taxi service from MSY-FQ hotel. 3 people 42 dollars plus 12 dollars tip for extra awesome service!! Same price from port to MSY!

[ATTACH]323933[/ATTACH]

I can't praise Lucien enough for starting and ending our vacation with such awesome service!!!! He was truly friendly, positive and sincere. His positive attitude and genuine exemplary customer service amazed me. We have never ever experienced this with any taxi or shuttle company. He owns a brand new comfortable suburban which is under a big New Orleans can company.

It is cheaper to take a cab to the port from MSY then use a shuttle or carnival transfer. We researched this. The prices are set, so all cab companies charge the same. We paid 42 dollars for three of us.

Lucien's service was 100 out of a possible of 10 points. Lol. I even put his number in my phone for future NOLA vacations.

Kudos to Lucien!!! Thank you for being a ray of sunshine!!! I will put his number here with his approval and since all cabs charge the same, I don't think it counts as advertising. I just think future Nola visitors should start their vacations right!! Or u guys can pM me if Mods take number down. 1 (504) 261-2929

Thank you

So, do you think it's okay to call him direct and reserve him? We're a group of 5 going on the Dream in January. Thanks!

Did you walk to the Carnival Cruise line terminal? I am quite confused about its location. Peoples pictures show a Carnival ship but the New Orleans Port site says it is at Erato street terminal. Can't figure that one out.

Also, when we arrive back 5 people have an afternoon flight. We thought we could just hang out around the mall, or a cafe for a while. We can store our luggage in another persons car. Do you think Lucien would be in a position to pick up people on short notice or is it something that needs to be booked far in advance?

Thanks

Call L. I'm sure he will work it out with you. The outlet malls are a great way to hang. Cafe Du Monde and some other restaurants. Plus awesome shops.

We were able to walk. Besides a few stairs from the mall to the terminal, the walk is a breeze in cool weather. There are signs in the mall that lead you to terminal. Plus u can see ship.

Don't over think it. Google the site. In my opinion the ship is even close to bourbon st. Just give yourself some time. We had big rolling bags.

Have fun