Excursion Promo Code!

pinniped71

Something I always told my kids

Someone can steal your money. They can take your car. Your friend can steal your girlfriend. However,,, only YOU can give away your integrity and your character.

For some reason, I doubt you were aware of this code. I also doubt you were aware it was a "known invalid code." If it was invalid, it wouldn't be accepted or recognized. It's simply expired. Many companies and restaurants allow the use of expired coupons.

For some reason, I doubt you were aware of this code. I also doubt you were aware it was a "known invalid code." If it was invalid, it wouldn't be accepted or recognized. It's simply expired. Many companies and restaurants allow the use of expired coupons.

There are tons of codes out there that I choose not to use unless the merchant has directly mailed me the code.

I refuse to use a code "just because" I can. I'll only use codes that I know "for a fact" are for my legitimate use.

But hey,,, if someone wants to sell out their integrity for $15,,,,, go for it.

Edited by klfrodo

Businesses put out the codes for customers to use, that is the entire purpose of them.... When they don't want us to use them, they have the power to deactivate them. Same as they made them. For us to use. It's that simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by coltsmama

That's a lot from someone who didn't take the initiative to find the origin of the code Modder shared. As if you were aware it was a known invalid code...

Mistake fares are usually honored in this industry anyway. In fact, airlines are required by the DOT to honor all mistakes and typographical errors if the inbound or outbound is from an airport in the United States. Hotels typically tend to honor mistakes as well, even when they aren't mandated to.

Carnival, maybe not so much...

From their Shore Tour Terms & Conditions:

...In the event that the tour or price quoted or advertised through any website, Carnival’s sales person, sales agent, or any other source is booked, but is incorrect due to an electronic error, typographical error, human error or any other error, causing the tour or price to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival, Carnival reserves the right to correct the erroneous price by requesting the Guest to pay the correct price intended, or by cancelling the tour in exchange for a full refund, but in no event shall Carnival be obligated to honor such tour booking resulting from the error, or otherwise be liable in such circumstances....

So that other shoe may still yet drop. :rolleyes:

Kind of odd.

It gave me the discount once I hit apply. I submitted payment and the carnival webpage final page (after submit payment) listed charging to my CC the full amount w/o the discount. :confused:

Then I checked under "My Order" and the price reflected the discount.

Then I checked my CC statement and it charged a price that reflected the discount. :D

Oh well, another $400+ down the drain. If they want to cancel the excursion and give me the full amount back, be my guest.

Edited by fuddrules

Anytime I am on a website and they have " enter Discount Code" I am like HMMM well if they have that box there must be a code . Most of the time if spend a little time searching . I find something. Free shipping , Discount , or something. Don't put the box if you don't want me to use it I always say :D

Anytime I am on a website and they have " enter Discount Code" I am like HMMM well if they have that box there must be a code . Most of the time if spend a little time searching . I find something. Free shipping , Discount , or something. Don't put the box if you don't want me to use it I always say :D

I'm like you. Very rarely do I purchase anything online without a promo or coupon code. I'll spend significant time searching too. So whatever. I used the code earlier today and not worried about it being cancelled.

This code has been on retailmenot for a while. Hasn't worked until recently. I know, because I've seen it before and tried with no success. Obviously somebody changed something to make it valid.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Abso-freakin-lutely! Couldn't agree more. :D

I'm like you. Very rarely do I purchase anything online without a promo or coupon code. I'll spend significant time searching too. So whatever. I used the code earlier today and not worried about it being cancelled.

This code has been on retailmenot for a while. Hasn't worked until recently. I know, because I've seen it before and tried with no success. Obviously somebody changed something to make it valid.

I know that code has been around forever , I used it a LONG time ago then they deactivated . They reactivated or wouldn't work again. They are just trying to sell some more excursions that's all plain and simple.

So all you people that wont use the code , when you rent a car , you pay regular price ????? You don't google for rate codes.

Depends on which code you're asking about.

The codes I'm entitled to use via employee discounts or other membership discount codes? Or codes I may find willy nilly by searching the internet?

No, I don't google for discount codes that I'm not entitled to use.

No, I don't drive off in a car just because the keys are in it

No, I don't walk into a house just because the door is open

No, I don t withdraw money from the bank just because the bank made a $20 mistake.

No, I don't walk away from a cashier with that extra $1 that they gave me back by mistake

No, I don't sleep around on Saturday and ask forgiveness on Sunday

I may not be perfect. I will look for deals,,,,but I will not cheat you out of your hard earned money.

I am sorry that this has turned into such a negative post. I was simply trying to help my fellow cruisers save some of their hard earned $$. To the person who is questioning my character and integrity, you do not know me. You have no idea what my character and integrity are like so do not question them.

To those that had success with the code, AWESOME! To those that did not, I am sorry!

I am sorry that this has turned into such a negative post. I was simply trying to help my fellow cruisers save some of their hard earned $$. To the person who is questioning my character and integrity, you do not know me. You have no idea what my character and integrity are like so do not question them.

To those that had success with the code, AWESOME! To those that did not, I am sorry!

Don't sweat it. Around here you could say the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day and there will be people who are so miserable or just bullies and tell you that there are clouds and the day is therefore not beautiful.

I always look for coupon codes. Always helpful to save a dollar.

:D

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

You did nothing wrong. Stop apologizing. BTW, the code is still working.

I already have a Carnival excursion booked for a January cruise. Can I cancel it without penalty and then rebook using the code? I can find nothing on the Carnival site addressing if there is a cancellation fee

Yes you can! No cancellation fee. I did it yesterday for a cruise I have this week.

Thanks for the quick response Dixie. I just remembered that I purchased the excursion--$250 using Carnival e-gift cards. That puts a new wrinkle into the cancellation dilemma. How will I get it refunded?? or can I just reapply it and save the 10%

DH is saying just forget about it but that is $$ I can spend on other things

Don't say you're sorry - you helped a bunch of us.

That pompous poster just needs a hug.

does-someone-need-a-hug-o.gif