Carnival passengers

we are past passengers with Carnival, and have just found out that because we are sailing out of Sydney with Carnival our past passenger loyalty counts for nothing. we will be counted as new passengers. apparently Carnival Australia doesn't recognise past passengers if they cruised elsewhere in the world! anyone else found this...bit annoyed with this:mad:

Hi not sure were you heard that from as we sailed carnival in America and the points were added on to carnival Australia :D

the travel agent spoke to the people here in Australia for Carnival,,,bit of a bummer!!!

On Carnivals US website you need to sign up OR login to the VIFP club then you can view your past cruises with them and also add any missing cruises not listed.

When I signed up, they had our 2 most recent cruises but not our first so I got them to add it to my list of sailings with them.

Edited by lagoon380

the travel agent spoke to the people here in Australia for Carnival,,,bit of a bummer!!!

There's been some miscommunication.

Carnival Australia certainly does credit, and give benefits to those who've sailed on other Carnival ships. The benefits are slightly different between the regions. Here's a link to the information on the AU site confirming the benefits you get.

http://www.carnival.com.au/loyalty/benefits.aspx

On Carnivals US website you need to sign up OR login to the VIFP club then you can view your past cruises with them and also add any missing cruises not listed.

When I signed up, they had our 2 most recent cruises but not our first so I got them to add it to my list of sailings with them.

Yes, as the admin systems are separate here from theirs, points on Australian cruises don't get automatically credited to the US VIFP. If you send through details of your sailing they will update.

We did our first Carnival Australia cruise last year after having done previous cruises with Carnival overseas. At checkin in Sydney we received our normal Gold cards & received points as normal & so on.

In fact on our cruise, Gold was the highest status of any passenger so the whole 15 of or so that were gold got treated like royalty which was very nice of the crew on board.

We did our first Carnival Australia cruise last year after having done previous cruises with Carnival overseas. At checkin in Sydney we received our normal Gold cards & received points as normal & so on.

In fact on our cruise, Gold was the highest status of any passenger so the whole 15 of or so that were gold got treated like royalty which was very nice of the crew on board.

Correct. Same for us. To explain further...our USA cruises were recognised immediately on check in at Sydney. The Oz section will give you another 'new' aussie VIFP number, but this is somehow joined in cyberspace with your USA VIFP number, hence on boarding you will receive the appropriate level of all Carnival cruises completed.

If this does not happen, or if they have missed counting one of your cruises, then this can and will be fixed at guest services desk whilst onboard. (DH had one cruise not counted, fixed onboard, and new card given immediately).

These multiple numbers and links across countries can lead to some interesting results, a friend if mine kept getting an English title, when they linked the account of someone from Englandvwith him by mistake, though he did enjoy being called "My Lord" for a while.

These multiple numbers and links across countries can lead to some interesting results, a friend if mine kept getting an English title, when they linked the account of someone from Englandvwith him by mistake, though he did enjoy being called "My Lord" for a while.

Oh Lordy:D, that's funny! We had issues re this cross country VIFP too. Wondered why one of us was not getting emails, and last cruise not added/linked... only to find out onboard that the email address had been punched in incorrectly....having a dot com ay, instead of dot com au.

Ain't technology grand sometimes:D

Oh Lordy:D, that's funny! We had issues re this cross country VIFP too. Wondered why one of us was not getting emails, and last cruise not added/linked... only to find out onboard that the email address had been punched in incorrectly....having a dot com ay, instead of dot com au.

Ain't technology grand sometimes:D

One line had DW and I under about 6 numbers when it was discovered they amalgamated them all but gave us a number of cruises we'd never done.

Another keeps giving me an OBE and taking it away again (I thought only Her Maj could do that).

But I missed out on the Lord (who was later made an Earl, but Bob didnt get as much if a kick out of Earl as My Lord because people thought his name was Earl).