Pre-existing Condition - Definitions and Explanations

RJ2002

PLEASE always remember that any "definitions/etc." pertaining to pre-existing conditions will depend upon the SPECIFIC terminology used in the specific policy that you purchase.

It won't matter if definitions in other policies or even "general usage" are different.

If you aren't sure about your situation, we'd suggest contacting Steve at

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

He's been invaluable, and in one case early on, he "saved us" because what we were requesting wasn't going to be honored IF we had needed to use the coverage. He was alert enough to notice "what I was saying", then asked a few more questions, and then explained the possible problem. He was absolutely correct.

And later, he helped us with a situation overseas (not inexpensive!) that we assumed would not be covered. He called Travel Insured for us, and emailed back to let us know it was indeed covered, and just which clause of the policy was involved. (That alone saved us the cost of many trips' worth of travel insurance premiums!)

GC

PLEASE always remember that any "definitions/etc." pertaining to pre-existing conditions will depend upon the SPECIFIC terminology used in the specific policy that you purchase.

It won't matter if definitions in other policies or even "general usage" are different.

If you aren't sure about your situation, we'd suggest contacting Steve at

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

He's been invaluable, and in one case early on, he "saved us" because what we were requesting wasn't going to be honored IF we had needed to use the coverage. He was alert enough to notice "what I was saying", then asked a few more questions, and then explained the possible problem. He was absolutely correct.

And later, he helped us with a situation overseas (not inexpensive!) that we assumed would not be covered. He called Travel Insured for us, and emailed back to let us know it was indeed covered, and just which clause of the policy was involved. (That alone saved us the cost of many trips' worth of travel insurance premiums!)

GC

GeezerCouple, I shared this link simply as general information for those who might be looking for basic guidelines. Frequently visitors to this forum have questions about pre-existing condition language, and this is simply a START. People obviously need to review the specific language in the policy they are considering, and consult with the broker as needed, whether that broker is insuremytrip.com, squaremouth.com, or tripinsurance store.

We have used both insuremytrip and tripinsurancestore, and actually prefer insuremytrip.com because of the website functionality (searches, chat function) and the level of customer service.

I am happy that others have had good experiences with Steve at tripinsurancestore, but on a matter where I requested his assistance with a claim under a policy I had purchased through him, it was "all talk, no action". He claimed he'd help, but really did nothing to help pursue the matter with the insurer.

GeezerCouple, I shared this link simply as general information for those who might be looking for basic guidelines. Frequently visitors to this forum have questions about pre-existing condition language, and this is simply a START. People obviously need to review the specific language in the policy they are considering, and consult with the broker as needed, whether that broker is insuremytrip.com, squaremouth.com, or tripinsurance store.

We have used both insuremytrip and tripinsurancestore, and actually prefer insuremytrip.com because of the website functionality (searches, chat function) and the level of customer service.

I am happy that others have had good experiences with Steve at tripinsurancestore, but on a matter where I requested his assistance with a claim under a policy I had purchased through him, it was "all talk, no action". He claimed he'd help, but really did nothing to help pursue the matter with the insurer.

Sorry - I understood why you were posting it.

But there are often a lot of "newbies" (and some semi-newbies) who don't understand how specific this can all be, and especially with any insurance (not just travel insurance), it could make a HUGE difference if there were to be a significant claim. (Well, for *any* claim, of course, but for small claims, it wouldn't be a huge loss...)

GC