Constellation Concierge Class Cabin vs Princess Mini Suite

turquoisesea

We chose a cruise on the Constellation next summer because of the great itinerary. But.... I am a little concerned about the cabin size. Our last 4 cruises have been in a Princess mini suite which are very spacious. I have read many posts here about the Connie concierge cabins but wondered if anyone can compare the two. (A suite is not in our budget!)

Yes, the size is different and if you are on an M class ship(older than the S class) it will show some wear and tear. Concierge class is a little larger than a regular balcony on an M class ship, but not by much.

I have heard several on this board compare Princess with Celebrity and say that suites on Celebrity are equivalent to mini suites on Princess, but size does not mean that they are equal. IMHO, Celebrity’s suite class is far above mini suites on Princes. Yes, I know Princess has been updating services, but they are not there yet. To me, Princess suites feel closed in, but of course that is subjective.

Since you did want the itinerary and book concierge class, you also know that they are not equal to mini suites on Princess. So, just don’t try to compare the two different classes on different ships and enjoy the itinerary, along with a different layout without a separate bedroom; personally, I enjoy the openness. Just because you can’t afford a suite on Celebrity, don’t feel that you can’t have a great time on an older ship and in a smaller cabin. It is all about your attitude! You said it best with your comment about the itinerary driving your decision...just my chunk of change regarding your post! Enjoy your cruise...but know the sizes are quite different!

***Personally, I enjoy S class ships a lot better due to newness and layout. If certain details will make or break a cruise for you over itinerary, review your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Having recently returned from Solstice in a Concierge Class Cabin you cannot compare this to the size of a mini suite on Princess. Princess minis have much larger bathrooms, tubs, seperate sitting room and 2 TVs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums