1 yr old pool problem

Trinity4evr

We are going to cruise with our 1 year old. He loves the water but carnival says no on him swimming because of his swim diapers. How do I solve he problem on letting him play in the water like his older brother. We are going on the triamph

We are going to cruise with our 1 year old. He loves the water but carnival says no on him swimming because of his swim diapers. How do I solve he problem on letting him play in the water like his older brother. We are going on the triamph
Google 'tips to potty train a 1 year old', or pick another cruise line and ship that offers diaper-friendly splash areas. Or, engage him in other activities while your older child uses the pool.

I have a 5 year old, so diaper days aren't that far behind me. We just avoided locations that weren't diaper appropriate rather than try to circumvent the rules; it wasn't hard.

I'm sorry, I usually try to be helpful on here if I respond, and not pile on, but things like this give all parents of young children a bad name, and I work hard to raise my son to be respectful of rules and others. I also always try to avoid 'mommy shaming', because you never know what's going on with a family, but this is just trying to get around the rules, and that's not cool.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Edited by nicole9s

As noted by others, short of changing cruise lines, there isn't much you can do. The only ships that allow children in swim diapers into specially designed water areas are the Disney ships, and the RCI Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships. This is a USPH regulation, not just something Carnival has decided.

When others suggest a blow up "pool", what they really mean is a blow up "tub". Pools can be 4-5' in diameter and take up too much room on deck. A blow up tub is only about the size of the little guy's butt and outstretched legs, and if placed in an out of the way area on deck is usually tolerated. Fill it from the showers on the pool deck, and dump it down a deck drain.

We've been taking our two children on cruises since the oldest one was only 8 months old. If they say no swim diapers, they mean no swim diapers. Sorry, but you're either going to have to switch cruise lines or keep him out of the pools. It is a public health issue, not a Carnival issue.

Google 'tips to potty train a 1 year old', or pick another cruise line and ship that offers diaper-friendly splash areas. Or, engage him in other activities while your older child uses the pool.

I have a 5 year old, so diaper days aren't that far behind me. We just avoided locations that weren't diaper appropriate rather than try to circumvent the rules; it wasn't hard.

I'm sorry, I usually try to be helpful on here if I respond, and not pile on, but things like this give all parents of young children a bad name, and I work hard to raise my son to be respectful of rules and others. I also always try to avoid 'mommy shaming', because you never know what's going on with a family, but this is just trying to get around the rules, and that's not cool.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree here, I understand the desire to do things as a family and all, but I personally would not want to and I wouldn't want my family going in pools where there are infants and toddlers in diapers. I have heard of people getting sick while in those pools with babies in diapers.

The rules are there for a reason. Babies are cute but dirty diaper are a no no. Eewwww....

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

As noted by others, short of changing cruise lines, there isn't much you can do. The only ships that allow children in swim diapers into specially designed water areas are the Disney ships, and the RCI Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships. This is a USPH regulation, not just something Carnival has decided.

When others suggest a blow up "pool", what they really mean is a blow up "tub". Pools can be 4-5' in diameter and take up too much room on deck. A blow up tub is only about the size of the little guy's butt and outstretched legs, and if placed in an out of the way area on deck is usually tolerated. Fill it from the showers on the pool deck, and dump it down a deck drain.

I think this one would be perfect for your little one: https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Dinosaur-Ring-Baby-Pool/dp/B01N3BBV36/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_21_lp_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SDHYSBXKTJ2YS77P4KRX

If they catch you putting a baby in diapers in the pool, they will have to make everyone get out of the pool, then drain it, sanitize it...before they fill again. Regulations. Do you want to keep the rest of the ship out of a pool for an entire day?

We did this. Our blow up "tub" could sit between our two deck chairs or could even sit on a deck chair safely. I grabbed an ice bucket from the Red Frog and used that to fill the tub from the pool shower. We didn't have any issue with our little one "going" in her tub but I was prepared to carry it into the nearby bathroom to dump it down the drain.

I didn't read OP for asking for ways to "cheat" the system. I think she was just asking for solutions to the problem that her older child will be in the water and the younger one will want to be in the water. (I don't think "the water" she was talking about was necessarily the same water as the older one).

The inflatable tub suggestion sounds like the best hope to give the little one some water time. Keep it out of any walking area or I am sure someone will say something. And, keep in mind that "inflatable kiddie pool" is on the list of prohibited items (well, the "additional list of prohibited items, at least) which is why it is always to be referred to as an "inflatable tub".

Yes, it's an 'inflatable tub' - so if you are ever questioned about it anywhere other than on deck (like during boarding) remember, it's for bathing your little one who doesn't like showers. Inflatable pools are not allowed after all. If it does find it's way up on deck later.... oh well. :halo:

We first cruised when our youngest had just turned 2 and my brother's family and his 1 year old were there too. The little ones had no interest in the pools. They were never taken into them so they really didn't know what they were missing. The pools are often so crowded and boisterous during sea days that it'd be the last place you'd want a small child. Swim with the baby in port.

My kids didn't enjoy the ship's pools until they were a little older. You may be able to avoid the pools with the 5yo and do other things instead, thereby solving the dilemma. When I was in your type of situation, I would focus on beach days to play in the sand and water. The ship's pools can be a busy and rambunctious place at times and not my favorite for small children. I have 8 children who now range from 11-26yrs.

If you have a balcony cabin you can use the blow up baby tub out there so your 1 yr old can get some "pool" time before say a nap and you get to enjoy yourself on the balcony with a book....we always had a blowup tub for the shower when DS was very little....it worked well

Put the kid in the hot tub. Plenty of parents seem to think that’s ok. At least on our cruise. Staff did not seem to care.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as some drunks sit in those hot tubs, I doubt that the kid's diaper could be any more damaging than what those folks are doing in that water.

...carnival says no on him swimming because of his swim diapers...

Just take the swim diaper off. Problem solved (at least that's what someone suggested here on CC not too long ago! [emoji23]).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of the Carnival ships (Glory I think is one) have a small child's wading pool outside the Camp Carnival area. Maybe the ship you are going on has one, and allows swim diapers. Something to look into. If not, I have definitely seen small children splashing in blowup pools around the deck areas on some of our cruises.

Some of the Carnival ships (Glory I think is one) have a small child's wading pool outside the Camp Carnival area. Maybe the ship you are going on has one, and allows swim diapers. Something to look into. If not, I have definitely seen small children splashing in blowup pools around the deck areas on some of our cruises.

Even if a ship has a wading pool, unless it is a Disney ship, or one of RCI's Freedom, Oasis, or Quantum class ships, the wading pool, or splash area does not allow swim diapers. Those noted above are the only cruise ships that allow swim diapers.

Just avoid the pool. It's really not as hard as you might think. We have an inflatable tub that we use to bath our youngest and on his first cruise we filled it so he could splash around on our balcony but I think he only used it once. There are plenty of other things to do on the ship and in my opinion, going to the beach in port is much better than a small, crowded pool any day.