Grandeur in the summer, and teens

We've done two RCCL cruises with our boys (DS16 and DS24). Considering Grandeur next summer out of Baltimore. Our oldest probably won't get to go. Younger son has really enjoyed the sport court activities and I know that Grandeur doesn't have a sport court. What activities are there for teens? Pool, rock wall, what else? To clarify, I'm not necessarily referring to the group activities listed in the teen Compasses (scavenger hunt, etc.) but stuff to do on the ship. Grandeur gets such great reviews but I think he'd really miss the sport court, in particular the soccer games.

As much as I absolutely love the Grandeur. I would not take a teen that age on that ship. I have kids that age and they would be bored. Can you do the Anthem? We did and the kids were amazed.

Absolutely agree with you. I am sure there would be more kids in the summer, but he would be bored. Love the Grandeur, but it is not for teens. IMO.

As much as I absolutely love the Grandeur. I would not take a teen that age on that ship. I have kids that age and they would be bored. Can you do the Anthem? We did and the kids were amazed.

Nope, not looking at any other ships or itineraries, only Grandeur because of the sailing date and ports. Will continue to research and may end up with a land vacation this time around.

I'm still interested to hear from folks who've actually cruised Grandeur with teens.

There will be more of the younger crowd on Grandeur in the summer, especially in July. Grandeur does not have all the bells and whistles of the bigger ships. Only you know your child and what he would be happy with. I would expect that he could meet with some other kids his age. We took our grandson on both Grandeur and Enchantment when he was in his teens and he had a good time. Katherine

We're taking two teens (DD14 & DD16) with us this Saturday on the Grandeur. We, too, chose the Grandeur because of the easy access to Port of Baltimore (just 1 hour from home), and the sailing dates. We're bringing books to read out loud to each other and board games. I wonder if there will be *more* families over the Thanksgiving sail, or *fewer*?