All Things Grandeur of the Seas

We sailed on Grandeur to Bermuda last month. I have photos of a dinner menu for one night. I believe it was for Giovanni’s. Not too sure about drink lists as we were to seasick to drink much. My husband found the beer selections disappointing.

How in the world do you upload photos here? I’m on an iPad.

For the Oct. 28 Grandeur sailing, RCI's website says that they are switching the ports of St. Maarten and St. Thomas to Barbados and Martinique. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been to those islands, or who sails on the Grandeur in the next couple of weeks!
I am on the 28th cruise and have been to both islands before. I have visited Barbados many times, even taking a land based holiday there, and it is a great place for a visit there are shops on the pier, Shopping in town, sites like Harrison's caves and great beaches. Martinique I have been too twice and was very disappointed, if you are going brush up on your french and bring Euros if you intend to stray outside the port area. May not be worth even getting off if you happen to dock on a Sunday or a holiday, yes RCI ported us on Bastille day one year.

For the Oct. 28 Grandeur sailing, RCI's website says that they are switching the ports of St. Maarten and St. Thomas to Barbados and Martinique. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been to those islands, or who sails on the Grandeur in the next couple of weeks!

I'm not sure that switch is definite. Another post says that Grandeur will be going to St. Martin.

• 1 month later...

Just checked our itinerary on RCL's Cruise Planner and it shows Martinique instead of St. Maarten. It's rotten to complain when you're about to board a 12-night cruise, and when soooo many people lost their homes & livelihoods on the islands (and even their very lives!!)... but... St. Maarten was the port we were most looking forward to... and from the looks of things in Martinique, there isn't much there to do. Has anyone gone on the jeep 4x4 adventure, by any chance?

They play in the pool.

It is "officers" against passengers. They take a list of passengers in order of sign up, and take the first x number for the first team, then the next x as the second team. Each team plays one game, then they put ALL the passenger teams in at the same time.

Do NOT consider this real volley ball. It is purely for fun. And hard spikes are NOT nice.

Oh, and while all of the crew players wear officer shirts (over bathing suits), some are not "officers" :)

• 3 weeks later...