MANY Cancelled Cruises - Enchantment of the Seas: 6/23/18 - 3/13/19 & 4/19/19

I received a letter for my October 5 2018 on Majesty exchanging it for the enchantment. Will be able to access it on November 21 so we will see. Supposed to be the same category rooms. This is the first Ive heard of it. I usually see this ahead of time but it was a surprise. I love Enchantment and was sad when it left port canaveral so Im pretty excited.

It’s disappointing to have a cruise cancelled, or to be moved to another ship or have your itinerary changed. My Empress cruise booked to celebrate my birthday is now on Majesty and instead of Key West I will be stopping in Costa Maya on the way to Cozumel. Not what I planned. It’s non-refundable fare so I will lose $200 if I choose to change ship or sailing. These changes are meeting their end of the agreement and I get that, and I am always happy to cruise, but, I still feel like they have put a damper on my planned celebration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Enchantment to Panama. I did not get an e-mail to cancel. I called Crown and Anchor and was told that the cruise does not show cancelled so I am confused. My daughter planned to get married on this ship.

Sorry about your daughter's wedding plans! :(

So after Vision leaves in the spring, Galveston is back to just one Royal ship?

Yes, Liberty of the Seas. ......really disappointed they're not offering more than a little OBC for canceling us...we have such a good deal on Enchantment jr suite, we'll never see that on Liberty 😡

That's really a shame, I wonder if maybe they weren't seeing the booking numbers they had hoped for. We were very excited about having shorter sailings out of Galveston, we booked for next spring as soon as they opened it up. Vision's barely even been here a week.

SO not happy about this. We got an amazing price on this cruise and now it’s gone. We had three booked and they cancelled two of them so husband says that’s it. We cancelled the third and will go with someone else. Good thing there’s lots of companies to choose from!

SO not happy about this. We got an amazing price on this cruise and now it’s gone. We had three booked and they cancelled two of them so husband says that’s it. We cancelled the third and will go with someone else. Good thing there’s lots of companies to choose from!

Hear you on this... we got canceled on two...what's weird is the one 18 months out is offering us % off another rccl cruise and this Enchantment cancel , 7 months out for us, thus less options to rebook .... is just a bit of OBC ...makes no sense.

Hear you on this... we got canceled on two...what's weird is the one 18 months out is offering us % off another rccl cruise and this Enchantment cancel , 7 months out for us, thus less options to rebook .... is just a bit of OBC ...makes no sense.

Makes since as EN is coming home (PC) for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

I couldn't see a thread on this elsewhere but I spotted on a RCCL related blog site that a number of 18/19 sailings have been cancelled due to RCCL repositioning some ships.

No one has contacted me to say the sailing has been cancelled however I've had it confirmed by Twitter (!!)

I had booked for Enchantment, using the recent (UK-based) offer of a free Deluxe Drinks Package which has now finished. Will this be valid for any new booking they make for me? It was a main reason for booking so early.

Im told the 'redeployment' team's will contact me... What sort of process is there for re-arranging or compensation do RCCL offer for such circumstances? I love Enchantment and more adventurous itinerary. I don't want to pay that much for a different ship and potentially poorer destinations.

jkzDyR

jkzDyR

Many thanks in advance!

Mark

I don't know if we'll be in the market for another cruise while she's still there, but I would love to sail on the Enchantment again, and I think it would be great to do so out of her "original" home of Port Canaveral.

I'll be interested to see how well RCCL handles compensation for such massive changes to existing bookings, though.

I've still not had any formal communication from Royal about this (despite booking direct and not through a TA), which is lucky because the 11 month window just opened up and I had been planning to book flights imminently. Quite a poor show given that the comms seem to have gone out mid last week.

I don't know if we'll be in the market for another cruise while she's still there, but I would love to sail on the Enchantment again, and I think it would be great to do so out of her "original" home of Port Canaveral.

I'll be interested to see how well RCCL handles compensation for such massive changes to existing bookings, though.

The only compensation mentioned was for those with cancelled cruises. They don’t generally offer to compensate for ship change or itinerary changes. They will work with you on cabin assignments and I think might refund even a non-refundable deposit if circumstances warrant.

I had to rebook 2 enchantment cruises yesterday. They didn't question my reduced deposits thankfully. ( I had booked these on board long ago.). I got the $100 OBC and that's it. I never got a notice on the second one just the first.

Ok with what I got but it sure would be nice if they gave a little more back in these cases. I know it affected many thousands of people though. We were really bummed as we had booked the Panama cruise out of Galveston. We will try to get on Enchantment in 2020. And it does seem crazy to have booked that far out.... Our family thinks we are nuts.

I did notice in all my searches that prices are about $200 more per cruise for 2019,2020. The five night Enchantment was almost $300 more then the year before. May not be worth it but I will hold on to it and watch for price drops.

Waiting for Canada and Alaska to open in December to book for 2019 Anniversary trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Vision yesterday (great cruise and crew!) and we were looking at possibly booking Enchantment for another 4 or 5 nighter in the near future out of Galveston. If anyone is interested in the "why" of the ship shuffle, the answer we got from more than a few people was essentially Cuba demand. Enchantment is being used to cover for ships being used for Cuba sailings (which are high demand and making RCI more money).

So Galveston waits another year to get our summertime (and thus year-round) 4/5 night sailings. Incredibly bummed for those that had their reservations cancelled.

• 2 months later...
Just off the Vision yesterday (great cruise and crew!) and we were looking at possibly booking Enchantment for another 4 or 5 nighter in the near future out of Galveston. If anyone is interested in the "why" of the ship shuffle, the answer we got from more than a few people was essentially Cuba demand. Enchantment is being used to cover for ships being used for Cuba sailings (which are high demand and making RCI more money).

So Galveston waits another year to get our summertime (and thus year-round) 4/5 night sailings. Incredibly bummed for those that had their reservations cancelled.

I know I am late to this parade but we were just cancelled by RCL for the Jewel TA April, 2019 cruise. I am not a happy camper because we booked a B2B. I don't want to go on the second cruise since they cancelled the first one. I have a nonrefundable deposit of $500 on the second cruise. Do any of you have any suggestions on how I can cancel the second cruise (we only scheduled it because we wanted a B2B) and get my deposit back?

Marilyn

I know I am late to this parade but we were just cancelled by RCL for the Jewel TA April, 2019 cruise. I am not a happy camper because we booked a B2B. I don't want to go on the second cruise since they cancelled the first one. I have a nonrefundable deposit of $500 on the second cruise. Do any of you have any suggestions on how I can cancel the second cruise (we only scheduled it because we wanted a B2B) and get my deposit back?

Marilyn

My guess is that second cruise will also be cancelled. However, if not, worst case is that you would lose $200 and the other $300 you could use on a future cruise within a year. I would also appeal to the redeployment people, explain that it was B2B, and they might give you the entire $500 back as a credit for a future cruise.

I think it is only temporary. Mariner is coming to PC later to do the 3/4 night

cruises.

There are rumors the EN is on the sales chopping block...along with Rhapsody and Vision. :(

As well as the Grandeur !