Cabins on Independence of the Seas

cisco 09

Hi guys. Looking for some advice. I know you'll not let me down ! I'm planning to book the Independence of the Seas for a holiday next year. To say I've had a bad time lately would be an understatement. My husband died very suddenly 14 months ago, my mother died in April and I am now being treated for cancer (I will beat this thing) My 2 daughters have been amazing so I'm treating them and their families to this holiday. We will be a party of 5 adults and 3 children aged 4, 5 and 6. My original plan was for me to have a balcony with the 2 opposite inside cabins. The main priorIty is to have cabins together so I'm flexible about that. My travel agents has suggested booking 1 cabin for 4 and 2 for 2 as that would obviously be cheaper. Apologies if this is a stupid question but are all rooms equipped with a sofa bed. So if my grandson is officially in my room he could in fact sleep with his mum and dad. I'm not sure how well I will be but I definitely need my own room. Also are the Promenade rooms an option or has anyone found them noisy. Any advice/suggestions gratefully received

Janice

So sorry for all the tragedies you have been facing lately. Your good attitude that you are showing will help you as you go through your cancer. We have stayed in a promenade room on the Adventure of the Seas and did not feel disturbed by noise. What was nice was leaving the curtain slightly (very slightly) open at night and it acted as a night light for getting up st night. Have a wonderful cruise with your family.

NO...not all cabins will sleep 4...you'll need to look at the deck plans...there is a legend showing what type of bedding is in each cabin....and book accordingly!

And sure, once you've boarded, you can re-arrange the passengers as you wish...if you're booking 3 cabins, the "single" will pay double occupancy prices...so book an inside cabin as a single....then you make the balcony a "single" once you've boarded. All cabins sleep 2!

We just got off the independence of the Sea Friday. It is an older ship and really needs to be

remodeled. I thought the public bathrooms were a mess. They had been cleaned but needed repairs. I heard they are going to remodel in May and June. So lucky for you.

We stayed in the inside cabin under the Windjammer Cafe. Never heard any noises at night.

But we really hated staying in the inside. We will be back on a balcony in Jan. on another ship.

Each ship offers something different. We prefer the newest and biggest ships because it has

more choices of everything from food to entertainment. And alot more modern. I probably wouldn't pick this ship ever again. Some people were really upset it was so outdated.

I prefer the track on the Oasis style ships. I am 67 years old. This ship the track was on the top deck with all the public traffic which is hard to get steps in dodging all the other people.

Only reason I was on this ship was I won it in a slot tournament. I did get to be in another

slot tournament with winners from other ships. I walked off with $1000. prize. One person won

$25,000.00 top prize.

Hope your health improves and you beat the cancer. And your family enjoys the cruise with you.