Could Use Some Help Analyzing Value of a Concierge Cabin vs. Regular Veranda Cabin

ChucktownSteve

There are a couple of new perks for concierge rooms. “Passengers in these upper-end balcony staterooms will now receive free laundry service (up to three bags) and room service from the Grand Dining Room at lunch and dinner. These freebies are currently only available to suite guests.“

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8112

Thanks. We saw it earlier today and it resulted in a conversation to book a concierge room or not. I told my DH that we can always pay to send out laundry and it will still cost less than $800-$1000. We usually do not utilize room service unless one of us is sick. For now we will pass on switching to a concierge room.

We are in the same stateroom on a 2018 late April early May crossing, being from a colder climate to start with we are hoping to get some use of the balcony ! I will try and remember to let you know.

We will be travelling in an extended B3 on our next 3 ‘O’ cruises.

We usually book a concierge cabin close to the lounge as I like the convenience of an early morning coffee.

However we never have breakfast in our room and rarely use the spa deck.

The new perk of laundry is nice but I doubt that we would choose to order from the dining room menu. We can always pay to send out laundry, I have never used the garment pressing vouchers either.

The downside for our cruise next month is that I could only book shared tables at the speciality restaurants because of our later choices.

We will see how this next cruise goes and if we are happy with the B3 we will stick to the ones we have booked.

Jo, It looks like we will be a few doors up from you on our Marina cruise :)

It depends on what you value more the perks or the $$ saved

personal choice

we have had both categories & the perk DH likes is the access to the spa terrace but not a deal breaker

Yes, access to the spa terrace is great! Love those heated stone beds after a busy day ashore, and great lounges on the spa deck.

Donna

Yes' date=' access to the spa terrace is great! Love those heated stone beds after a busy day ashore, and great lounges on the spa deck.

Donna[/quote']

It all runs together for me and I don't use that area very much, even when I have access to it. BUT, aren't the stone beds available to everyone?

We will be travelling in an extended B3 on our next 3 ‘O’ cruises.

We usually book a concierge cabin close to the lounge as I like the convenience of an early morning coffee.

However we never have breakfast in our room and rarely use the spa deck.

The new perk of laundry is nice but I doubt that we would choose to order from the dining room menu. We can always pay to send out laundry, I have never used the garment pressing vouchers either.

The downside for our cruise next month is that I could only book shared tables at the speciality restaurants because of our later choices.

We will see how this next cruise goes and if we are happy with the B3 we will stick to the ones we have booked.

Jo, It looks like we will be a few doors up from you on our Marina cruise :)

IMO, B3 extended balcony is the best value on Riviera and Marina.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes' date=' access to the spa terrace is great! Love those heated stone beds after a busy day ashore, and great lounges on the spa deck.

Donna[/quote']

The heated stone loungers are available to all

• 1 month later...

I just rechecked our cruise prices on the 4/5/19 NY-London. My B3 extended balcony cabin is up by $500pp from when we booked in April. The difference between that cat and the lowest concierge A4 narrowed to $600 for both of us. As point of pricing reference, we're doing O Life with O air.

Since then, we've booked a Concierge A2 aft cabin on Nautica Nov 2019 Venice to Rome. Looking forward to the 2020 releases.

On somewhat popular cruises, I've found the earlier I've booked, the better the price & cabin selection.

Early embarkation, free wifi, early booking of specialty restaurants and access to spa terrace was well worth it for us. Have had 3 O cruises, all in Concierge. I like being able to get on board early and access to the spa terrace came in real handy of those days when it was difficult to find chairs around the pool area. I liked being able to book the specialty restaurants when I wanted to. We’ve had one cruise where we had no problem booking extra specialty restaurant reservations and 2 when we couldn’t get any.

Having said that, you could book a veranda cabin and who knows, maybe they offer you an upgrade for a good price?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

chucktown steve --curious what cruise are you booking ---looking at a 14 day for 2019 also - not sure yet

We wound up booking the April 5, 2019 from NY to London.

enhanceB+lomzRmfsEfAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

My DW doesn't like a lot of sea days so only three from St. John's NL to Cork Ireland works!

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Well, a bit of an advantage is priority online specialty restaurant reservations. Free internet.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

I have only had concierge level twice - and the first time it was really handy because we were three in our room. Nice to spread out in the lounge. I would get a room close to the lounge if you opt for that so you can stroll in for early morning coffee.

Only downside (except for the extra money) is that if you are unlucky enough to have a noro outbreak, they take away services in the Concierge Lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the Insignia - had a B1 cabin. I got a spa treatment so able to use the spa terrace for the day. It was very disappointing and I'd never pay extra for a room to be able to utilize this area. The "hot" tub was large, but only lukewarm and only one of the 4 jets worked. A man, who was a frequent O cruiser, said that this tub was never hot. The strong wind made it even colder.

There were only 5 single loungers and 2 double ones on the terrace. There were many available loungers by the main pool and can use those hot tubs - all for free to anyone.

I just got off the Insignia - had a B1 cabin. I got a spa treatment so able to use the spa terrace for the day. It was very disappointing and I'd never pay extra for a room to be able to utilize this area. The "hot" tub was large, but only lukewarm and only one of the 4 jets worked. A man, who was a frequent O cruiser, said that this tub was never hot. The strong wind made it even colder.

There were only 5 single loungers and 2 double ones on the terrace. There were many available loungers by the main pool and can use those hot tubs - all for free to anyone.

some people like the area because it is quiet & not many people go up there

YMMV

The spa terrace is larger & better(?) on the O class ships with a thalassotherapy pool. Maybe you can try those?

I enjoy relaxing on my own balcony but I like hot tubs. That was the biggest disappointment because it's nice and big, but it needs to be hot and have the bubblers working.

Did you complain to the Spa manager it was not working?

Thankx for everyone's help/input. It was very useful. I just booked through my TA. Even though the gap between what I booked and the Concierge, narrowed...it came down to more than the cost difference.

Thankx to a couple of other threads and some pictures, (TYVM canuck.qc) the extended balcony of the cabin I booked out weighed the benefits of Concierge. (My TA said a lot of her clients do the same.)

Marina%20cabin%207111%20veranda%203_zpsscu5sv2v.jpg

Dan-O, I booked the B3 Veranda... 7111. Ego wasn't involved at all. In this case, the extended balcony won. On Marina, there are no extra restaurant nights as with the R ships for Concierge. But we enjoyed the MDR and buffet as well on our last Marina cruise. I know we won't go hungry. Thankx for the suggestion of trying to get additional reservations once on board.

So it looks like I've become an O convert. Three on the books! No future Celebrity cruises as of today.

IMO, on Riviera and Marinax the extended B3 balcony is a far better value than the few perks (and higher cost) you get with concierge cabins (which has no extended balconies).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums