OLife Shore excursion option

AMTDGT

We have booked our first cruise on Oceania and are trying to figure the best bang for our Canadian micro dollar with our OLife "Bonus Savings". I am looking at the costs etc associated with Oceania shore excursions. I do understand that many folks believe Oceania Shore Excursions are expensive and do private excursions instead. We usually do a mix of cruise line/private tours (we are Celebrity Elite. plus).

I have a list of Oceania shore excursions (from a previous cruise, ours is still 13 months out and so they are not loaded yet) and costs for tours in the ports we are going to. The piece I don't quite understand are the Shore Excursion Collections.

Unlimited: They appear to be the most expensive tours (even when discounted) and don't appear to be for every port. Do you pay a subscription fee for the unlimited option? It appears that Oceania builds the shore ex package for you, potentially restricting you from changing your mind on your choice.

Your World: The prices are better than adhoc (not as good as unlimited where unlimited is offered) It appears that you don't pay a subscription fee, but have to guarantee using Oceania for a minimum number of shore excursions on the cruise.

It also appears that the shore excursions and these packages can be booked 240 days out which is earlier than our final pay which is 180 days out. Does this apply to all cabin classes or is there a "pecking" order like there is for specialty restaurant reservations.

Thx Glenn

We used the OLife shore excursion benefit for our last cruise and will for our February cruise.

Last time, we could pick any 8 shore excursions that weren't labelled "OS" , which was any that didn't cost over $199.

The 4 per person that we picked retailed for $1200+, so we thought it was the best option for us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We used the OLife shore excursion benefit for our last cruise and will for our February cruise.

Last time, we could pick any 8 shore excursions that weren't labelled "OS" , which was any that didn't cost over $199.

The 4 per person that we picked retailed for $1200+, so we thought it was the best option for us.

WE have used the O Life shore excursions on our last 2 cruises including one that just returned today and found them to be pretty good and worth going on. Some really good and a few not quite but all at least good. I think they are a good value. Would take them again.

I agree. Choosing O Life excursions is a good value - especially if you don’t drink (or drink little) and don’t mind O excursions. To get the Your World benefit, you have to add a couple more excursions to get 25% discount on those (at least 2 weeks before the cruise).

Just to clarify - the excursions that are not covered under O Life are designated as OS or OE.

We have booked our first cruise on Oceania and are trying to figure the best bang for our Canadian micro dollar with our OLife "Bonus Savings". I am looking at the costs etc associated with Oceania shore excursions. I do understand that many folks believe Oceania Shore Excursions are expensive and do private excursions instead. We usually do a mix of cruise line/private tours (we are Celebrity Elite. plus).

I have a list of Oceania shore excursions (from a previous cruise, ours is still 13 months out and so they are not loaded yet) and costs for tours in the ports we are going to. The piece I don't quite understand are the Shore Excursion Collections.

Unlimited: They appear to be the most expensive tours (even when discounted) and don't appear to be for every port. Do you pay a subscription fee for the unlimited option? It appears that Oceania builds the shore ex package for you, potentially restricting you from changing your mind on your choice.

Your World: The prices are better than adhoc (not as good as unlimited where unlimited is offered) It appears that you don't pay a subscription fee, but have to guarantee using Oceania for a minimum number of shore excursions on the cruise.

It also appears that the shore excursions and these packages can be booked 240 days out which is earlier than our final pay which is 180 days out. Does this apply to all cabin classes or is there a "pecking" order like there is for specialty restaurant reservations.

Thx Glenn

With the O Life excursion choice you can choose the designated number of excursions associated with your cruise

Only the excursions without any letters are part of the included (free) deal

If you want to choose some other excursions you will pay extra for those

Here is a description of the other packages

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/ashore/shore-excursion-collections/

We usually take the OLife excursion option and supplement with private excursions. Occasionally we have used some of our OBC to purchase an OS excursion when there was no other viable choice, such as the Copper Canyon train excursion during a Mexico Riviera cruise. We find that it works out well for us. We will bring a couple of bottles of wine onboard and pay the $25 corkage fee with OBC, also take advantage of happy hour drinks. This worked better for us than the mealtime wine and beer deal on port intensive cruises where we have lunch on shore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums