Unlimited Internet Discounts

lifeh2o4all

I am traveling on the Solstice in January 22 (12 days) out of Sydney, Australia. I logged on to the Celebrity Cruise Planner today and noticed that they are offering 20% discounts off the Unlimited Internet Package. The quoted price is $239 USD.

We are Captain's Club Select Tier, which is offered a 25% discount on the same package. My question is what is the regular price for this package on a 12 night cruise? I am trying to determine if it is better to go with the CC discount or the two discounts are somehow added together.

Thanks,

Douglas

Also keep in mind that on longer cruises (and yours may qualify - I know this is true on 14+ nights, but not sure of 12), you generally are offered a discounted price mid-way through the cruise, generally a pro-rated amount. Not sure how much internet you need/want, but perhaps you can use your minutes from the Captains Club, and then purchase a package mid-way through your cruise. Depending on where you are sailing, you often can find Wi-Fi in ports to log into with your cell phone or tablet, also reducing your need to purchase packages.

I have found that the Internet has been really busy the first couple of days on the ship and because of that, service is frustrating. We use our free minutes when things slow down. When in port, we go to the free locations such as jewelry stores, etc. Several will actually have free terminals for you to use. As the cruise progresses, demand decreases and service quality improves. There has been a discounted unlimited price half way through which is around 50% or more. It all depends on your need.

Spoke with the Captain’s Club yesterday regarding the Flash Sale 20 percent off Unlimited Internet. You can get the best discounts if you are Select or above. Select, 25 percent, Elite 30 percent, Elite Plus 35 percent. If you are Classic or below 20 percent is your best deal. These discounts are all pre cruise and they are not combinable with an additional 20 percent Flash Promotion Offer. They will offer other deals onboard.

Thanks for posting, OP. We are on a Flower Power Cruise in Feb on Summit, which is a charter, so have no perks. We had reluctantly planned to go without a beverage package on this cruise (would have cost $1073 for both of us for 7 days), but when I checked to see if the internet package was discounted on our charter after reading your post, it was, and more importantly so were the beverage packages. We purchased the Premium Beverage Package for $48.75/day PP + service charge, instead of $65/day plus service charge.

With 4 sea days, it should be well worth it. We saved 25% and my husband paid for mine as a Christmas present, so you made my day! :D

It is regularly $299. Your CC discount is stackable with the online pre-purchase discount. So you would get another 25 percent off the $239. You have to call CC to get that price though.
Are you sure? Others are saying not. Terms of deal says not. So not this deal and just prepurchase price?

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

It is regularly $299. Your CC discount is stackable with the online pre-purchase discount. So you would get another 25 percent off the $239. You have to call CC to get that price though.

Good to know. I didn’t realize it was stackable.

Oops. Just saw last post. Nevermind.

I have seen that also. Anyone wanting to really save money can also only update one account, and then log on/off devices and use the internet one at a time.

Does the elite discount apply to that deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the elite discount apply to that deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

We were on the Eclipse last year and my husband got the unlimited.

I saw the 50% off the second device deal and went to the internet cafe and asked if I would get my 30% off (for being Elite) the 50% off (for the second device) and was told no - I could have either discount but not both.

I did as someone suggested - waited till my husband wasn't on the internet and used his unlimited. (Which the tech in the Cafe actually told me was a better idea than getting my own.)

We came off the 12 day Silhouette sailing last week. Midway through the cruise the price was dropped from $299 to $199 for the remainder of the cruise with the Captain's Club Discounts still applied. They also offered the 2nd device for 50% throughout the cruise.

We came off the 12 day Silhouette sailing last week. Midway through the cruise the price was dropped from $299 to $199 for the remainder of the cruise with the Captain's Club Discounts still applied. They also offered the 2nd device for 50% throughout the cruise.

Are you saying you got 30% (Elite) or 35% (Elite+) off of that $199?

That's definitely NOT what they were allowing on our Eclipse cruise.

• 3 months later...
Are you sure? Others are saying not. Terms of deal says not. So not this deal and just prepurchase price?

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

All I know is that they certainly allowed me to do stack my discount on top of the flash discount....not sure why they let me and are telling others differently!

Are you saying you got 30% (Elite) or 35% (Elite+) off of that $199?

That's definitely NOT what they were allowing on our Eclipse cruise.

We were denied use of the mid-cruise discount combined with Captains Club discount on our Eclipse cruise in January of this year, and are currently on Eclipse again and WERE able to use both. Consistent inconsistency or changed rules??

We were denied use of the mid-cruise discount combined with Captains Club discount on our Eclipse cruise in January of this year, and are currently on Eclipse again and WERE able to use both. Consistent inconsistency or changed rules??

In either case had you used any of your Elite/Elite Plus minutes?

When I was denied the mid-cruise discount they said the 35% (Elite Plus) discount was for giving up the 240 minutes and so , since I had used some of them, I no longer qualified.

If you're still on the ship please stop by the World Class Bar and tell Marius and Nikolai hello from Allan and Karen. And that we miss them!!!! They're really great guys and a lot of fun.

And if you're in Blu give Agung and Jeshna hugs from us!

Edited by chamima

Maybe the CC discount capability depends on whether you have used your free minutes. I do not believe the intent of the benefit is to wait until you see if you need more minutes after you use the free minutes. In other words, it is not 240 free minutes and a 35% discount, but a choice.

In either case had you used any of your Elite/Elite Plus minutes?

When I was denied the mid-cruise discount they said the 35% (Elite Plus) discount was for giving up the 240 minutes and so , since I had used some of them, I no longer qualified.

If you're still on the ship please stop by the World Class Bar and tell Marius and Nikolai hello from Allan and Karen. And that we miss them!!!! They're really great guys and a lot of fun.

And if you're in Blu give Agung and Jeshna hugs from us!

Maybe the CC discount capability depends on whether you have used your free minutes. I do not believe the intent of the benefit is to wait until you see if you need more minutes after you use the free minutes. In other words, it is not 240 free minutes and a 35% discount, but a choice.

That's what I thought, too.