St. Maarten or alternate port? Celebrity Eclipse 02/18/2018

SNEEGLE

We are on the March 4th sailing and just made final payment. Still is showing the original stops so I guess we will just wait to see if we are informed of any changes. I am just glad to be getting on the ship again. Last time was two years ago!

Does anyone know if the Eclipse will be going to St. Maarten on its 02/18/2018 sailing? So far I haven't seen any announcements about a change in port.

We are on the 4Feb2018 Eclipse sailing. St. Maarten has been a subject of speculation (and even a "pool" being setup) on our Roll Call.

Our current understanding is that Celebrity is returning to St. Maarten on 3Feb2018, so we expect no change of that port. There is also some concern about St. Lucia (if that is on your itinerary), since they are redoing one of the piers (for RCCL Quantum class ships) and are allowing less ships to dock. Tendering has proved to be unfeasible in St. Lucia.

These reports are mostly hearsay and rumor or come from Celebrity (which is not much better!).

We are on the February 25 Silhouette sailing and have not been notified of any itinerary changes. St Maarten is the only port I would expect to see changed.

I wouldn't expect that...I guess we'll see...for e.g. Sunset Bar at Maho beach (airport) is back open...

We are on the 4Feb2018 Eclipse sailing. St. Maarten has been a subject of speculation (and even a "pool" being setup) on our Roll Call.

Our current understanding is that Celebrity is returning to St. Maarten on 3Feb2018, so we expect no change of that port. There is also some concern about St. Lucia (if that is on your itinerary), since they are redoing one of the piers (for RCCL Quantum class ships) and are allowing less ships to dock. Tendering has proved to be unfeasible in St. Lucia.

These reports are mostly hearsay and rumor or come from Celebrity (which is not much better!).

I am curious about St. Maarten in Feb, as we'll be sailing there as well. I haven't heard anything yet.

Just got off the Summit yesterday. We were scheduled to visit St. Lucia, but 3 days before sail away, they changed to Antigua instead because of the pier issue. I haven't heard of an anticipated completion date of that project either.

The itinerary map for that cruise originally said St. Maarten, then for a while showed St. Kitts, then St. Thomas.

Now it's back to St. Maarten (and been that way for about a week) so my guess is we're back to our original itinerary.

In the event you are unaware, Royal has started stopping in St Maarten this month.

Next there are several excellent beaches to visit right now. These include Karakter and Mullet. I would highly encourage a visit to Karakter.

Finally, many restaurant and stores are reopening daily. The boardwalk appears to be in excellent shape. I would not be hesitant is going there right now, plenty to enjoy.

I am curious about St. Maarten in Feb, as we'll be sailing there as well. I haven't heard anything yet.

Just got off the Summit yesterday. We were scheduled to visit St. Lucia, but 3 days before sail away, they changed to Antigua instead because of the pier issue. I haven't heard of an anticipated completion date of that project either.

Yes Sta Lucia is doing pier repairs, so only 1 ship can dock, others can tender but reports says that tendering is a chaos., past Eclipse sailing they switch port at last minute to Fort the France.

There is absolutely nothing at Orient Beach except for sand and water. All the restaurants/bar were wiped out and there are no other facilities on the beach. While there is a lot of progress elsewhere, it will be many months before Orient Beach is ready.

There is absolutely nothing at Orient Beach except for sand and water. All the restaurants/bar were wiped out and there are no other facilities on the beach. While there is a lot of progress elsewhere, it will be many months before Orient Beach is ready.

Celebrity still selling shorex to Orient Beach SM06 - A St. Maarten Beach Rendezvous it includes Welcome cocktail, beach chair, umbrella and light lunch. During June We booked it together with the cruise March 18.

Sunset bar at Maho Beach is reopening but the airport beach is sand less. Retaining boulders are there.

Many videos show before and after.

I’d suggest doing research before any beach visit. We might just use water taxi to beach by ship. Orient beach is supposed to be a mess also. Seems beach by ship and that area are the most improved since storm.

In the event you are unaware, Royal has started stopping in St Maarten this month.

Next there are several excellent beaches to visit right now. These include Karakter and Mullet. I would highly encourage a visit to Karakter.

Finally, many restaurant and stores are reopening daily. The boardwalk appears to be in excellent shape. I would not be hesitant is going there right now, plenty to enjoy.

Sunset bar at Maho Beach is reopening but the airport beach is sand less. Retaining boulders are there.

Many videos show before and after.

I’d suggest doing research before any beach visit. We might just use water taxi to beach by ship. Orient beach is supposed to be a mess also. Seems beach by ship and that area are the most improved since storm.

We were planning on going to Karakter in early January .

Are you saying it's sand less??? :(

Maho has no sand although I have heard they are bringing some in, Karakter is in great shape. They just posted their Christmas Menu on Facebook. You will have a visit.

Unfortunately Pinel was totally wiped out. I think I recall reading they have a temporary setup but I have heard nothing about the boats that takes you over.

If Celebrity is selling an Excursion to Orient, they may have made their own arrangements for chairs and umbrella. Right now there is np place on the beach to get food or beverage. That may change but I doubt by March.

I am aware. But I am also aware that my January stop was changed to St. Thomas instead. So everyone needs to be aware of what their particular ship is doing, regardless of what sister companies may or may not be doing. I much prefer St. Maarten, but oh well - better to be the cruiser with a changed port than a resident in peril.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the Eclipse will be going to St. Maarten on its 02/18/2018 sailing? So far I haven't seen any announcements about a change in port.

I just downloaded the Shores Brochure for our Sailing with stop @ St Maarten March 21.

Before Hurricanes Originally booked the shorex: day at the beach in Orient Beach, today reviewing Celebrity site the brochure mentions Kim Sha Beach.

http://www.sint-maarten.net/St-Maart...mshaBeach.html

It seems very likely that if we are going to St Maarten