Silhouette sail away today....

Jeremiah1212

Sitting here in chilly Chicago eagerly awaiting our Silhouette cruise and watching sail away on webcam. I have never seen so few people outside! There were quite literally 3-4 balconies occupied with people, only a handful on the upper decks and Sunset Bar was deserted. Their final payment would have been due just a few days after Hurricane Irma passed. Apparently committing to an Eastern trip wasn’t very popular at that time! It was a bit of an odd sight to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sitting here in chilly Chicago eagerly awaiting our Silhouette cruise and watching sail away on webcam. I have never seen so few people outside! There were quite literally 3-4 balconies occupied with people, only a handful on the upper decks and Sunset Bar was deserted. Their final payment would have been due just a few days after Hurricane Irma passed. Apparently committing to an Eastern trip wasn’t very popular at that time! It was a bit of an odd sight to see.

Maybe everyone was watching football? What was the weather like at sail away? Freebies on board?

We watched as well and you are correct!!! We could not believe that either. We sail in a month and we cannot wait to leave Wisconsin for the warmth and sun:):). 17 days on the ship is going to be real nice:):):). Hope you have a GREAT cruise!!!!!

I'm on the Silhouette right now. The muster drill was held during sail away. Embarcation was at the Convention Center and was a nightmare. Almost 2 1/2 hours from the tome we checked in until we got on a bus to go to the ship. Not a great way to start vacation.

Also, during the muster (we were in the theatre) there was a passenger who had some kind of a breakdown and ran at one of the crew trying to punch him. He then climbed on the balcony (?) on the left side of the stage and threatened to jump. Security took a little whule to get there but they finally got him subdued. Not sure what happened after that. Hopefully the rest of the week will be less eventful.

I'm on the Silhouette right now. The muster drill was held during sail away. Embarcation was at the Convention Center and was a nightmare. Almost 2 1/2 hours from the tome we checked in until we got on a bus to go to the ship. Not a great way to start vacation.

Also, during the muster (we were in the theatre) there was a passenger who had some kind of a breakdown and ran at one of the crew trying to punch him. He then climbed on the balcony (?) on the left side of the stage and threatened to jump. Security took a little whule to get there but they finally got him subdued. Not sure what happened after that. Hopefully the rest of the week will be less eventful.

That would liven up the muster drill! I was thinking that was a possibility and everyone was still inside - but then I thought at one point I read that muster had to be completed before sail away.

Wow. Hope the rest of the week is less eventful for all of you.

Wondering if you could post a copy of the Celebrity Spotlight highlighting the Officers and Senior Management staff? If not, could you please provide in writing the names of the key officers and the cruise director? This would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Of course, enjoy your cruise!

Wow! That was certainly a memorable start of your vacay.. Hope the rest is relaxing and wonderful. We're on Silly next December and as always looking forward to a wonderful trip. Happy (and uneventful) sails.

Why was embarkation at the Convention Center? That sounds like a horrible way to start a trip of a lifetime! Then missing the Sailaway for muster drill?

Because of construction in the terminal Silhouette used to prepare it for the new Edge. Temporary, but most annoying to those affected. Those impacted were given $25 OBC for their inconvenience.

Because of construction in the terminal Silhouette used to prepare it for the new Edge. Temporary, but most annoying to those affected. Those impacted were given $25 OBC for their inconvenience.

How long is this going to last? We sail on 1/14/18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sail away started right as the muster drill started. We were all in our required locations when we felt the thrusters fire. I was surprised. Law says it has to happen within 24 hours of embarkation if I recall correctly.

Sail away was late, due to the scheduled shuttles, and just after muster drill we ran to get ready for dinner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk