Debarkation question

smarks

Hi fellow cruisers, I am doing a translantic on the Celebrity Edge April 2019. I have another cruise booked for the day of arrival. I would like to stay on the ship for as long as possible since I can't board the second ship till after 12. Does anyone know how late you can stay onboard? Thanks for all replies.

In Europe they sometimes offer Extend Your Stay where for a fee you can stay on past the usual disembarkation time. I don't know if it will be offered on Edge but it's worth checking out.

Thank you cruisestitch. I will call Celebrity to see if that's offered.

Usually the late stay onboard is not offered in the US. The latest you'll be able to stay will probably be between 9:30 and 10:00AM. Once you retrieve your luggage and go through customs and immigration, it'll be close to 10:30. I've arrived at the port often between 10:30 and 11:00AM and have been able to check in. Since the concierge class luncheon is from 11:30-1:00, the ship will probably be able to accommodate your arrival with very little lag time. I don't think it would be worth it to pay to stay on board for and hour. Unless you run in to a delayed arrival of your second ship, or extensive extra cleaning measures requiring a delayed arrival, you should be fine.

Usually the late stay onboard is not offered in the US. The latest you'll be able to stay will probably be between 9:30 and 10:00AM. Once you retrieve your luggage and go through customs and immigration, it'll be close to 10:30. I've arrived at the port often between 10:30 and 11:00AM and have been able to check in. Since the concierge class luncheon is from 11:30-1:00, the ship will probably be able to accommodate your arrival with very little lag time. I don't think it would be worth it to pay to stay on board for and hour. Unless you run in to a delayed arrival of your second ship, or extensive extra cleaning measures requiring a delayed arrival, you should be fine.

Thank you for the reply. I really like the way that sounds. That is what I am hoping for. I will have 2 pieces of luggage and I really hate the idea of dragging them around with me. I don't know anything about Southampton. I was told on another board that I could go to Grand Harbour and stay in the lounge for a fee and a shuttle to the port for the P&O Aurora. This sounds much better. Thanks again.

Thank you for the reply. I really like the way that sounds. That is what I am hoping for. I will have 2 pieces of luggage and I really hate the idea of dragging them around with me. I don't know anything about Southampton. I was told on another board that I could go to Grand Harbour and stay in the lounge for a fee and a shuttle to the port for the P&O Aurora. This sounds much better. Thanks again.

You're welcome. You're lucky to be doing a B2B. Just relax and go with the flow and don't stress. Keep a good friend handy for conversation or a good book to fill any wait time....and have two great cruises.:)