Tours for Esperance and Exmouth, Australia

Quilting Queen

We will be on the Pacific Princess World Cruise. I am unable to find any tours on Princess or major search on internet. Does anyone in Australia know what is important to see in Esperance and Exmouth?

Thanks for any help.

Norine

Exmouth is the port of entry to World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef renowned for snorkling and swimming with whale sharks. There's also deep sea fishing but I doubt there would be time for that. You can also take a cruise through Yardie Creek Gorge to see the stingrays.

Esperance is the gateway to Cape Le Grand National Park where the pristine beach at Lucky Bay is frequently in the top 10 of best beaches in the world. The coastline to the east of Esperance also has magnificent vistas. The beaches here rival anything else in Australia or the world for that matter with the crystal clear azure seas and long sweeps of clean white sand.

• Like 1

Don't you just hate it when you take the time to answer the OP's question and offer helpful information only to see a lack of response. A tiny ta would do nicely you'd think, especially from someone with over 10,000 posts on Cruise Critic.

Sorry I did not comment but I didn't see this post. My computer has a few glitches and I miss e-mail occasionally.

Your suggestions sound great. I have been trying to arrange the whale shark encounter but the company I contacted only offers it to cruise ships. Our ship does not have anything listed for Exmouth. We will probably just get off the ship and explore the town.

Norine

• 1 month later...
We will be on the Pacific Princess World Cruise. I am unable to find any tours on Princess or major search on internet. Does anyone in Australia know what is important to see in Esperance and Exmouth?

Thanks for any help.

Norine

Hello Norine,

I've been to Esperance a few times. The scenic flight out to Lake Hillier (the pink lake on Middle Island) is spectacular. The coastline all the way is beautiful. I think you can just google Lake Hillier Scenic Flights.

The is a lake called "Pink Lake" near Esperance town, but it is not the same as Lake Hillier, and isn't pink anymore.