Millenium - Cabin Class / Location

lakegirl16

Hello! Getting ready to book May '19 Alaska - Vancouver to Seward. We've sailed Celebrity before in Concierge. Trying to decide what cabin class to book. Concierge is $200 more than Veranda and Aqua $100 more than Concierge. I doubt we will use the spa and we're fine with eating in the dining room, so not sure Aqua makes sense, unless the cabin location will be that much better? Looks like only available Veranda's are on 6 - 7, we've always been on a higher deck.

Also, traveling with another couple, does Celebrity have balconies that connect (like on Princess).

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts! Thanks..

Are any concierge class afts available on decks 7/8/9? That would be my choice. (2019 seems far enough away that there should be a lot of availability? Maybe not?)

Whatever you do, make sure your friends are in the same dining room as you (don't let them book AQ, for example, if you are not).

I don't believe the M class balconies open up, I'm pretty sure the S class do.

Well I only found one cruise in May 2019 that goes from Vancouver to Seward...and there are afts available on all 3 decks (7/8/9), several side by side. Do yourself and your friends a favor and GRAB those afts before they are gone.

But I'd check the airfare back from Seward before making a final decision...

We love the Millennium itinerary in Alaska. If not in a suite we would grab an aft CC cabin. You need to fly into or out of Anchorage and the cost can be a little more but IMO it is worth it. Also gives you an opportunity to do some land touring, either with Celebrity or on your own. We've done this cruise 3 times.

We love Aqua, and in particular love the cabins on Deck 11. These were added when the ship 'solsticized' awhile back. If any of those are available, that would be our choice. Only downside is the ones on the side of the ship do not have an overhang on the balcony. If it is raining you are out of luck (and it does rain a lot in Alaska). Some are concerned about noise from the movies playing above, but that is not really a consideration on Alaska cruises IMHO (and honestly, in our sailings in the Caribbean we have never found that to be a problem either). Conversely, aft cabins are subject to noise from the movie area if something is showing competing with noise from the aft bar. The combination of the two bothers some; doesn't bother others. Again, may not be as big of a concern on Alaska cruises due to less outside activity.

We usually only cruise in balcony staterooms and book AQ because of BLU. However, on that cruise (especially looking at the prices) I would be fine with an ocean view stateroom.

We have done this cruise (on Radiance otS) and absulutely loved it - in fact it was one of our best ever. Knowing what there is to do I´d rather spend the difference in tours - like booking bear watching flights, helicopter rides etc.

If you are interested in our review, click here: http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Alaska-Radiance-01---Vancouver/alaska-radiance-01---vancouver.html

Thanks everyone for your advice. Appreciate it. We have done this itinerary (on Princess) and know airfare can be higher, although we are Alaska credit card holders and take advantage of the companion fare for this trip.

Narrowing this down and do want to have a covered balcony because of potential rain. What decks have covered balconies?? Thanks.

We have sailed the Alaskan waterways on the Millie. We're also dedicated M class sailors with the majority of cruises on decks 9 and 11.

The aft cabins are particularly wonderful if you are sailing into/out of Icy Straits. There is the most unique sail away through the narrow passage as water animals and land animals follow the ship as it returns to the Inland Passage. One of my best cruise experiences ever.

As to cabins.....

After the afts, which do have a varying degree of cover, the deck 9 cabins, from 9108 on the starboard side (and its mirror on the port side) have gracious cover. These are Aqua cabins under the Oceanview Cafe and are quiet and comfortable in the rain.

The deck 11 afts are also Aqua class and have cover with 1140 having the deepest balcony.

FYI, all the deck 11 cabin have operable dividers.

Unlike Princess, the M class ships have more covered balconies in all classes. The shallowest balconies are the port and starboard cabins on deck 11.

I'd recommend any aft cabin, in the class of your choice, for Alaska.

Narrowing this down and do want to have a covered balcony because of potential rain. What decks have covered balconies?? Thanks.

Definitely the AQ staterooms on deck 9. They are underneith the huge overhang of deck 10.

I would book an aft balcony or CC if available- AQ cabins are not in a great location. They typically are under a public deck, so noise can be an issue- if you cannot get an aft cabin- try a middle deck on the ship with cabins above and below to minimize the problems of noise from a public deck. Save the money and book the speciality restaurants with the savings if you desire.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you decide on Aqua and can't get any of the rear facing cabins on deck 11, then I recommend cabins 9106 (9125) and further aft....which are under the carpeted part of the buffet area....and therefore you get no noise from above. We have been in 9106/8/10 and have heard no noise from above.