NO party?

Redtravel

I sent a email to Celebrity regarding the Connections Party about the issues registering and got a return phone call this is the info I got.

Per a telephone call with Celebrity since the online registration for the Cruise Critic Connections Party is not working properly every ship will have a Cruise Critic Connections Party no matter how many sign up or try to sign up.

No invitations will be sent out you must go to Customer Relations once on board and they will provide you with the day, time & place of the party.

Currently on the Constellation and had the same problem and no party took place and I believe that someone received an email confirming same. I would suggest arranging your own via your roll call.

Harry

Does anyone know why this problem is taking so long to resolve?

Has been going on for many months!

Yes, the sloths in the IT department have no opposing thumbs and are having problems programming.;p If you call Captains Club they will forward a list to the ships 3 days before with the names of those who've signed up. They won't send you a confirmation email. I was told they have no mechanism to do that (which makes no sense since they do have computers with email capability). Also, it makes no sense that it hasn't been fixed in seven months. Many passengers don't read or post on Cruise Critic and would have no way of knowing what was happening and so would just assume there was no connections party. I sent an email to CelebrityOneTouch that copied LLP, and requested both a delivery and a read receipt along with our reservation #, names, ship and sail date as well as my phone number and email address. We'll see what happens.

I registered last Thursday and I received a confirmation e-mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did the number of participants increase after you registered? I was able to register for ours, Silhouette, 2/18, got a confirming email, but there was no change in the head count. Several others on our roll call had similar experiences. The number says 13, but a rough count of those who state they registered is much higher.

Did the number of participants increase after you registered? I was able to register for ours, Silhouette, 2/18, got a confirming email, but there was no change in the head count. Several others on our roll call had similar experiences. The number says 13, but a rough count of those who state they registered is much higher.

I don’t know. I didn’t check the number of participants beforehand. I do know that when I copied and pasted the link for others on our roll call it wouldn’t work. So, I deleted the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The CC party will not be at 10.00 am because that is when the Captin and CD make their daily broadcast to the ship. Check the Community noticeboard outside guest relations. If there is a seaday after leaving port try around 9.00 am in the largest lounge available

On our cruises, the CC party was held on the first sea day at 10 am. The announcements were at noon.

I sent an email to

CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com

I included ship name, sail date, last name and reservation number and received the following response:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises.

I am sorry you have encountered trouble while on our Celebrity website, particularly when trying to register for the Cruise Critic Connections Party. Our IT Department is aware of this situation and is working on an expedient resolution. In the meantime, I have emailed your request to the ship in order to have you and Mrs. added to the guest list for this event. Because of the technical issues surrounding the sign up for these get-togethers, our Event Coordinator has assured us that each sailing will have a Cruise Critic Connections Party, regardless of the number of interested participants. Registered guests will receive an invitation in their stateroom advising of the exact date, time, and location of the party.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Schneiter

Celebrity Cruises

Rusty

WOW...when did O start that?...I haven't been on board for about 2 years so I guess that's something new? The ones I've been to I had to organize myself as O didn't get involved at all! LuAnn

We have never had any party sponsored by O. We love the cruise line, but they never give any help for the meet and mingles.