Things I don't like about Carnival Cruises

PenguinLife

I hope that this can be a productive message thread and not turn into a long rant, therefore I suggest we limit our complaints to 3 line items each and only agree/disagree with previous complaints or add ones of our own:

My top 3 in no particular order:

1, Announcing sales in the spa and such over the ships intercom to drum up business.

2, The buffet dessert bar with a dozen plus mediocre quality dishes, I would prefer if they had 3 or 4 quality ones instead.

3, I wish they would do a better job of controlling the rowdy passengers, I personally don't like to hear people yelling and partying in the halls at 3 am while I am trying to sleep.

i wish they had more things to do like other lines. rock climbing wall, skating rink, surf rider..ect...

although... i have never cruised, looked at both lines and chose carnival due to the fact that 1. we are not bringing the kids 2. carnival was WAY cheaper 3. carnival has somewhat smaller ships = less passengers.

so i guess it depends on what you really are looking for in a cruise.

I hope that this can be a productive message thread and not turn into a long rant, therefore I suggest we limit our complaints to 3 line items each and only agree/disagree with previous complaints or add ones of our own:

1, Announcing sales in the spa and such over the ships intercom to drum up business.

2, The buffet dessert bar with a dozen plus mediocre quality dishes, I would prefer if they had 3 or 4 quality ones instead.

3, I wish they would do a better job of controlling the rowdy passengers, I personally don't like to hear people yelling and partying in the halls at 3 am while I am trying to sleep.

#1 doesn't bother me

#2 i agree with.....not good choice's

#3 i have never had much problems with rowdy passengers or heard much noise in the halls at night but it may because im so tired from the busy day's activities and drinks and sun that i sleep soundly!

1. The lounge where they put on the shows and have some other activities is FREEZING COLD!

2. The pool water is too cold. Wish they would heat it somehow. Salt water, fresh water, I don't care, just warm it up a bit.

3. They don't keep the young kids out of the hot tubs!

Here are my 3 things I don't like about Carnival cruises.

1) It's taking too long to get to my cruise, I wish they would shorten the year.

2) They haven't yet called me for a free cabin upgrade! What, do i have to have the cabin I already chose?!?

3) They need a better jingle or something so I can be humming it abesnt-mindedly while I'm at work.

Oh, as for the OP's 3rd, I can sleep through severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, and earthquakes. I don't think roudy partiers will be a problem.:D

my three would be ...

1. chair hogs. and the fact carnival doesn't do anything but shrug ...

2. would love more veggie options in the MDR. or, at least some with protein.

3. carnival can't bend time and make my 8-day cruise turn into a month-long cruise ...

1. No dedicated lounge for kareoke (I agree with a previous poster).

2. No hot foods on the room service menu (would love a burger).

3. They make it too darn tempting to book another cruise, and then another, and another, and another........:D

I wish they would be a little less concrete when it comes to room service- send water for the group (2 or 4 or whatever) not a single glass if I ask for water, send salt and pepper, butter and jam- all without asking for it. Bit tiresome to have to think about every single item. Or at least (if you call) give the people a list of things you probably want- do you want water? How many? etc.

More of an selection in Bon Von age....... they dont have anything i drink

1..I hate it when the CD (Cruise Director, not Cross Dresser) begs, cries, and grovels to mark the comment cards for the highest rating on everything....."because anything else is less than acceptable to CCL."

2..Make solo traveling less than double the price.

3..Throw rude passengers overboard!!;)

Archived