Half Moon Cay

Cruisin 4 Ever

Are there enough chaise lounges for everyone and are there umbrellas? My inlaws can not be in the for long periods of time.

There are tons of loungers. There is some shade under trees. Best thing is to rent a clamshell. They are big blue sunshades that fit over 2 loungers. They cost about $15.00 to 20.00 and they are yours for the time you are on HMC. You book them online in the excursions section. We have done that each time we have been on HMC.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Are there enough chaise lounges for everyone and are there umbrellas? My inlaws can not be in the for long periods of time.

Since we drive to the port, we usually carry our own Tommy Bahama umbrella which packs into a bad you can carry over your shoulder. I don't like the claim shells - very stuffy - even if you raise them in the back on HMC. Last time we were there, people wanted to buy our beach umbrella from us! We could have made a killing! LOL

There are tons of loungers. There is some shade under trees. Best thing is to rent a clamshell. They are big blue sunshades that fit over 2 loungers. They cost about $15.00 to 20.00 and they are yours for the time you are on HMC. You book them online in the excursions section. We have done that each time we have been on HMC.

So the loungers are free but clamshells are a fee?

So the loungers are free but clamshells are a fee?

Yes and I have to agree with lovemyboxer. Tho we have never rented clam shells, I have read on here about how HOT they are inside. Also heard people talking about it when we were there 2x. They said they had to come out of the clam shell to "get some air." One of the lst things I pack for a cruise are fold up umbrellas. Fit in your back pack for "island rain storms" and also for shade from the sun. Best thing to do instead of the clam shells IMO. Have a great cruise. HMC is paradise on earth! :D:D:D

I went to my plan activities page and saw excursions..saw the glass bottom boats and all the other stuff..Just didn't see the clam shells. Is there a place I didnt look..?

Thanks for any help.

Plenty of shade there! There were lots of chaise lounges all down the beach also. Also there are several covered pavilions right off the beach near where they serve the free lunch that are nice and cool for a break. Don't miss the lunch there....it is fabulous! The burgers and jerk chicken are great...the cookies and cake were awesome!

I went to my plan activities page and saw excursions..saw the glass bottom boats and all the other stuff..Just didn't see the clam shells. Is there a place I didnt look..?

Thanks for any help.

We were just at HMC on Thursday. You rent a clamshell at a little building right on the beach. You can also rent inflated floaties, blue floating mats, snorkel equipment, and small lockers. My suggestion is to get an early tender if you want a locker or clamshell as they go very quickly.

There are plenty of chairs for everyone.

420019A.jpg

We dont like to be in the sun for long but there was plenty of shady lounge chairs

Plenty of shade there! There were lots of chaise lounges all down the beach also.

By the photo above, it looks like more clamshells than shady trees.:rolleyes:

I have to sit under shade, skin cancer 3x's. :(

Plenty of shade there! There were lots of chaise lounges all down the beach also. Also there are several covered pavilions right off the beach near where they serve the free lunch that are nice and cool for a break. Don't miss the lunch there....it is fabulous! The burgers and jerk chicken are great...the cookies and cake were awesome!

When you say plenty of shade does that mean with out the need to a clamshell?

Yes..no need for a clam shell. We had 2 lounge chairs under trees and it was very nice. Very shady. The clam shells get no breeze in them, plus they are fairly small. Just get an early tender boat and head over and you will love it!

When you say plenty of shade does that mean with out the need to a clamshell?

So if I am understanding this correct.....the clamshells have to be purchased onboard at the shore excursions desk???? :confused:

Not on Carnival, but maybe Holland America does it that way.

For a Carnival cruise, you rent clamshells once onshore at HMC. Try to get there early as they will almost certainly sell out.

Yes..no need for a clam shell. We had 2 lounge chairs under trees and it was very nice. Very shady. The clam shells get no breeze in them, plus they are fairly small. Just get an early tender boat and head over and you will love it!

Thanks!! I've only ever been to one tender port and we just had to line up to get off. Do you have to get a ticket ahead of time to tender?

Archived