Carnival Spirit March 2016 Book from USA?

Good morning Everyone,I had a couple questions I was hoping to get some help on.. I've reached out to carnival but haven't heard back yet.

My fiance' and I are looking into the possibility of taking the Carnival Spirit out of Sydney in March 2016 for our honeymoon. We live in the US, in NJ to be specific.

I have cruised quite a few times with carnival, however beside leaving from Puerto Rico on two occasions everything has been leaving from the US. I assume there are some differences when leaving from abroad. Logistical and otherwise.

First, I can't seem to be use the regular carnival.com website to look up any cruise that leaves from Australia. I have to go to carnival.au to be able to find them, and then there is no where to input a VIFP number in the booking process. Anyone every book aboard and could help with this issue?

Also, does Carnival Australia offer any beverage packages like they do here in the states?

Any help with this, or thoughts in general would be awesome. We really like the itinerary on this cruise as it is places we've never been.

I believe you have to book the cruise through the Carnival Australia site. I have only ever booked one cruise with Carnival and I used an agent in Australia. Have you tried emailing any agents here for a quote?

http://www.carnival.com.au/

Not sure about the beverage package.

Edited by icat2000

You can not book Carnival Spirit via the USA Carnival website only with the Carnival Australia site. (or travel agents)

The same with Legend for the 6mths (approx) while it is cruising from Sydney (including Honolulu to Sydney return leg after the Alaska season)

Your VIP number (USA) will not be accepted with Carnival Australia, as it is run seperately from Carnival USA.

While they will know that you have cruised with Carnival USA before, you will be at cruise number 1 with Carnival Australia.

But I believe that the cruise can be added to your VIP (USA) cruise day tally.

As to drink packages.... Carnival Australia only has Soda packages and does not have the Cheers program. There is also no taking a bottle of wine per adult person either

Your VIP number (USA) will not be accepted with Carnival Australia, as it is run seperately from Carnival USA.

While they will know that you have cruised with Carnival USA before, you will be at cruise number 1 with Carnival Australia.

But I believe that the cruise can be added to your VIP (USA) cruise day tally.

Just to clarify this a bit more for you....

We have cruised Carnival USA in the past. On our recent cruise on Carnival Spirit Oz, we were given a new aussie VIFP number, however on boarding they had connected our USA cruises. Therefore we were given the 'higher' red card. Blue is for first timers. On this cruise there were several Americans, all with Platinum cards. We now have two separate VIFP numbers, one for USA and the other for Aust, but both joined for privilages.

A persons status in the Carnival VIFP club remains the same regardless of where they book or join a cruise. A guest who is say Platinum in the USA would be Platinum on Carnival Spirit or Carnival Legend cruising out of Sydney, Australia.

Thanks bobhsv for that info. I haven't been on Carnival for a while and back then they were talking about joining them so that the USA cruise days where taken into account. Glad to hear that this is being done :)

Just to clarify this a bit more for you....

We have cruised Carnival USA in the past. On our recent cruise on Carnival Spirit Oz, we were given a new aussie VIFP number, however on boarding they had connected our USA cruises. Therefore we were given the 'higher' red card. Blue is for first timers. On this cruise there were several Americans, all with Platinum cards. We now have two separate VIFP numbers, one for USA and the other for Aust, but both joined for privilages.

Yep same happened to me as well.