Live from the Jewel - 4/30/17 Pacific Coastal

CoffeeGoddess

Tomorrow morning I fly out on Southwest to Los Angeles to board the Jewel for my first Pacific Coastal cruise! Our itinerary takes up to San Francisco, Victoria BC, and Vancouver.

5D_PacCst_LA__Vict_Vcv.gif

I'll be staying the night in Vancouver and heading home that Saturday morning. I'm really looking forward to this since it was very difficult to find much on here about Pacific Coastal cruises. Not a very reviewed subject even in the other line's boards.

I figured since I spent almost as much buying more internet as I would have just shelling out for the unlimited on the Getaway I should just bite that bullet and get the unlimited this time. Hence the live review since I would have been doing one after I got back anyways. Our roll call has been fairly active with several regular posters in it keeping the conversation going. We'll have about 70 people in the Meet and Greet since one of the posters is actually bringing a group. The original coordinator had to cancel the cruise just as I was signing up so I picked up the mantle and we will be having a M&G, slot pull, and even a short cabin crawl (thanks again everyone who's showing your cabin!). It should be a lot of fun. :D

San Francisco I signed up for a food walking tour in Little Italy/North Beach which will also leave me time to wander around Fisherman's Wharf and maybe even hit China Town. This will be my second time there and I plan to go again so it won't be a "see all the things!" deal. Victoria I signed up for a "Craft Beer Food Pair Extravaganza" walking tour and am really looking forward to that; I'll also get a shirt:beer-mug:. I'll have plenty of time before and after to see some sites there. Vancouver I'm still not exactly sure what I'll be doing it but it'll be something.

I'll be taking pictures of the dailies and plan to hit the MRD at least once for dinner but I'm not really planning on hitting any specialty restaurants unless the mood hits since I've done them all before either here or on the other ships. I like my booze, especially on a cruise, and there will be plenty of pictures of that even though I may need to cut down a bit this trip. I've been sick with multiple sinus infections since November and finally got to see an ENT here who has me on antibiotics, steroids, and nose spray for 10 days which basically finishes out this cruise. Thankfully they aren't the "no alcohol what-so-ever" kind of antibiotics but a test last night with a Lagunitas Little Sumpin' let me know it hits a bit harder than normal.

Since my last review I brought myself up to modern times and actually got a Samsung S7 (new, not even refurbished!) so my pictures should only be blurry when I am. I'll also be posting to my Instagram under goddessocoffee.

Now I have to finish up some last minute cleaning, get new small travel bottles since mine have mysteriously disappeared from the last cruise (I blame the cats) and finish up the packing.

I'm really looking forward to your review! We'll be on her in a few weeks and can't wait. I'm a huge planner so any info is appreciated. Have a great trip!

Well, I can give you ship info but I don't know how much my port information will help.

Can you please list the current officers on the cruise? I will be on it on the next sailing from Vancouver.

Thanks

gerry1.10

A week ago,,,,

Captain Pelle Fredriksson

Staff Captain Marin Dobrila

Hotel Director Steven Jacobsen

Chief Engineer Sergey Gorshikov

Cruise Director Pedro Serra

Food and Beverage Director Mohammad Hasan

First time we sailed with Pedro. He struggled the whole cruise with energizing the guests. At the Le Cirque Bijou show where they introduce the ship's officers and staff, Pedro just kinda rambled a bunch and 90% of the theater walked out before he introduced the stars of the cruise, the officers and staff.

We actually have sailed with Captain Fredriksson a couple of years ago on the Sky. A small group of suites guests got invited for an hour-long chat with him on the bridge of the Sky as we pulled anchor and got underway at GSC. Wonderful, personable captain.

Apparenty Mardi Gras beads, See's suckers, and little boxes of chocolates look suspicious on the x-ray. I got pulled over for a secondary check where they opened my bag and swabbed a box of chocolates.

It was all good and then I had to get my bag back together and closed. I still would have been fine for my original flight time but it being late by 15 minutes is giving me a chance to post on the airport wifi.

Sent from outerspace

I'd really love to be able log into my unlimited internet but the enrollment page wants an email and says "username as email" in it and won't take an actual email. I see a trip to the internet nook in my future.

Sent from outerspace

Lunch was good, I had the scallops gratin, the shrimp burger, and the orange chocolate mousse. The internet cafe isn't open until 4pm so it's data for me.

Oh, and beer in the atrium to soothe my internet sorrows. 432f28c3659f920c03f43459826a68e3.jpg7a802b474d322e6feaa8db5dbe858a87.jpg8cc6eb58a22529244bf74cd82d177c53.jpg5fdb7cde57759da3be19ce182485afb9.jpg

Sent from outerspace