Oasis or Allure??? Please share your thoughts :)

Hello I was wondering what are the other headliner shows besides Cat's ~ Oasis and Mama Mia Allure?

Is Cats really as bad as the reviews are? Many just leave during intermission? We can select either ship price / int the same.. Please share your thoughts???

Thank you very much ~

Biggest difference is Port Canaveral (Oasis) vs Port Everglades (Allure). Otherwise the differences are minor, such as Solarium Bistro on Oasis vs Samba Grill on Allure.

Yes, Cats is that bad and at least half left the only time I attended. Mama Mia is excellent.

If you have to fly in, Port Everglades is just a few miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Port Canaveral is not at all convenient to Orlando Airport -- about 40 miles away requiring further transportation. Allure is my favorite ship and I would choose her any day over Oasis. Just my opinion!:)

What other shows during the week will be held? I know the ice show, aqua but will another show be offered ?

Here are recents Compasses from Oasis and Allure, which will have all the shows listed:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52568852#post52568852

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52972312&posted=1#post52972312

Hello I was wondering what are the other headliner shows besides Cat's ~ Oasis and Mama Mia Allure?

Is Cats really as bad as the reviews are? Many just leave during intermission? We can select either ship price / int the same.. Please share your thoughts???

Thank you very much ~

Sailed Oasis in Oct '16 and Allure Last Month. As Bob mentioned very very similar with no real significant differences.

As far as CATS, and you've probably read it before, it's a Personal taste issue. I saw both, Mama Mia's story is much easier to follow (I'm still not sure what Cats was about - half kidding). That said, we stayed for both, don't expect these shows to be over in 60 Mins, plan on 2.5 hrs. But the Talent, Singing, and pure entertainment was outstanding. I'm not sorry I saw either. I enjoy the opportunity to experience the Shows Royal puts on, I may not like/love them all, but seldom am I sorry I went and at least exposed myself to the experience.

Oasis may still have the sand artist during the ice show. I don't think Allure does that. Mesmerizing.

Sand artist was on Oasis last month. One man this time. Last year it was a man and a woman and I thought that was much more dynamic.

Sand artist was on Oasis last month. One man this time. Last year it was a man and a woman and I thought that was much more dynamic.

Two years ago it was a woman only. So, Allure has nothing like that, correct.

Yes, Cats is that bad and at least half left the only time I attended. Mama Mia is excellent.

If you have to fly in, Port Everglades is just a few miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Port Canaveral is not at all convenient to Orlando Airport -- about 40 miles away requiring further transportation. Allure is my favorite ship and I would choose her any day over Oasis. Just my opinion!:)

CATS. We left at first intermission. Costumes are nice but BORING.

For us, it was Allure over Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CATS. We left at first intermission. Costumes are nice but BORING.

Many people say that the second part of the show is better, so people could probably save time and get good seats by just showing up at the intermission.

Oasis may still have the sand artist during the ice show. I don't think Allure does that. Mesmerizing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Allure ice show does not have a sand artist. The show is called Ice Games and it is a monopoly themed show where they roll the dice and go to the neighborhoods on Allure. We did not care for it at all and left early.

We liked CATS on Oasis and Mamma Mia on Allure. We preferred Come Fly with Me on Oasis over Blue Planet on Allure, but our Allure show was stopped for 15 minutes due to technical difficulties with the tree. Maybe the show is better without the stoppage.

Allure ice show does not have a sand artist. The show is called Ice Games and it is a monopoly themed show where they roll the dice and go to the neighborhoods on Allure. We did not care for it at all and left early.

We liked CATS on Oasis and Mamma Mia on Allure. We preferred Come Fly with Me on Oasis over Blue Planet on Allure, but our Allure show was stopped for 15 minutes due to technical difficulties with the tree. Maybe the show is better without the stoppage.

We saw the famous tree and actually touched it on the All Access Tour. It was neat how they move all that stuff around.

We saw the famous tree and actually touched it on the All Access Tour. It was neat how they move all that stuff around.

Move is the key word in that statement, the tree only came partially onto the stage and got stuck. The singer was singing all about the tree and nothing was happening. She finished, kind of looked around and walked off the stage. There was then an announcement that there was a technical difficulty and to standby. People didn't understand why they didn't put up the house lights and some around us were getting very vocal, saying they were stupid and didn't know what they were doing. I won't mention why they didn't want everyone to see the tree lit up, so as not to ruin it for others. Once they restarted the show, they didn't have the singer come back out and there was a disconnect to the first half.

Move is the key word in that statement, the tree only came partially onto the stage and got stuck. The singer was singing all about the tree and nothing was happening. She finished, kind of looked around and walked off the stage. There was then an announcement that there was a technical difficulty and to standby. People didn't understand why they didn't put up the house lights and some around us were getting very vocal, saying they were stupid and didn't know what they were doing. I won't mention why they didn't want everyone to see the tree lit up, so as not to ruin it for others. Once they restarted the show, they didn't have the singer come back out and there was a disconnect to the first half.

Oh my, you must have been on my cruise. I wasn't aware that the beer I dropped accidentally in the tracks would have caused such a problem.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]