Help with Grandeur of the Sea's

It's been years since we sailed her...........where's Merian Mom? She's the expert here.

She's an old smaller ship with quite a following,. If the itinarary is good, I'd go for it. If you don't need all the bells and whistles and can drive to the port, why not? I've seen balconys for $895. for 12 nights!!

Good Luck!!:D

It's been years since we sailed her...........where's Merian Mom? She's the expert here.

She's an old smaller ship with quite a following,. If the itinarary is good, I'd go for it. If you don't need all the bells and whistles and can drive to the port, why not? I've seen balconys for $895. for 12 nights!!

Good Luck!!:D

Thank you! Plus this is an itinerary we cannot resist. ...just worried if there are any negatives...do not mind that the ship is older and smaller. What is important to us is the service and food. We do not care about the bells and whistles.

Thank you! Plus this is an itinerary we cannot resist. ...just worried if there are any negatives...do not mind that the ship is older and smaller. What is important to us is the service and food. We do not care about the bells and whistles.

I can't speak for recent negetives, but I would sail her again. I see where you are from. It's cheaper to get a hotel package than park the car at the port. We are only an hour from the port and have done this ourselves.

As I said, she has a loyal following where people cruise on her several times a year. That says a lot.

I see a really good deal and attractive itinerary. Would love to book this today. Any opinions on this ship (never cruised her before). I realize this is an older, smaller ship, but are there any negatives?

Go for it. The Grandeur of the Seas is one of our favorite RCI cruise ships. She does not have all the bells and whistles as the larger ships, but the staff is very friendly. We have already cruised on her four times. Our next cruise on the Grandeur will be later this week on a 12 day Caribbean cruise (departs from Baltimore on Oct. 28th).

Edited by Dennis#1

I can't speak for recent negetives, but I would sail her again. I see where you are from. It's cheaper to get a hotel package than park the car at the port. We are only an hour from the port and have done this ourselves.

As I said, she has a loyal following where people cruise on her several times a year. That says a lot.

What you said actually means a lot to me...Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Ready to book! :)

Saw your post on the Celebrity board so thought I would answer here. ;)

Before switching over mainly to Celebrity, we loved the smaller RCCL ships and Grandeur was our favorite. :)Sailed on her 3-4 times. We live no where near a port, so had to travel to sail her. However, it’s been several years since the last cruise on her.

Go for it! :*

Before switching over mainly to Celebrity, we loved the smaller RCCL ships and Grandeur was our favorite. :)Sailed on her 3-4 times. We live no where near a port, so had to travel to sail her. However, it’s been several years since the last cruise on her.

Go for it! :*[/quo

thank you soooooo much

Go for it. The Grandeur of the Seas is one of our favorite RCI cruise ships. She does not have all the bells and whistles as the larger ships, but the staff is very friendly. We have already cruised on her four times. Our next cruise on the Grandeur will be later this week on a 12 day Caribbean cruise (departs from Baltimore on Oct. 28th).

Thank you! If you have cruised her numerous times and has been one of your fav's, then it must be wonderful in service. Thank you for responding. :)

Thank you! If you have cruised her numerous times and has been one of your fav's, then it must be wonderful in service. Thank you for responding. :)

If your Grandeur cruise departs from Baltimore, the Port is just south of the I95 Baltimore tunnel. Very easy parking and parking is close to the terminal.

Go for it! :*

Thank you for your help and input!!!!

We are X cruisers looking at Grandeur from Baltimore...esp any itin that stops at Charleston..either combined with Bermuda or with Space Center

Has anyone done either?

How are the Jr Suites , Diamond Club and Diamond perks?

We would fly in ahead from ISP NY, stay over at Hilton

We are X cruisers looking at Grandeur from Baltimore...esp any itin that stops at Charleston..either combined with Bermuda or with Space Center

Has anyone done either?

After reading the responses..I just this second booked!!!!

Has anyone done either?

We've done the Charleston and Port Canaveral itinerary a couple of times. A good one! I see that there are eight such cruises in 2018, most as low as $429 for 9 nights! Hmm, maybe I should book one.

Diamond Club and perks are very nice on Grandeur.

I see a really good deal and attractive itinerary. Would love to book this today. Any opinions on this ship (never cruised her before). I realize this is an older, smaller ship, but are there any negatives?

We love that class (Vision) of ship. Adult solarium, no kiddie pool so the main pool area is actually larger than Radiance class. Park Cafe for quiet, unhurried breakfast. Very nice.

We've done the Charleston and Port Canaveral itinerary a couple of times. A good one! I see that there are eight such cruises in 2018, most as low as $429 for 9 nights! Hmm, maybe I should book one.

Diamond Club and perks are very nice on Grandeur.

Thank you..i think we just might book!

After reading the responses..I just this second booked!!!!

Good move. I love the Grandeur and Vision class. It may be considered a “small ship” by today’s standards but it doesn’t feel small to me - and I mean that in a good way.

Other likes:

-Tons of food options - Chops, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi, Chef’s Table, Park Cafe (Park Cafe has breakfast and late night snacks)

-Great Schooner Bar with nice big windows (great ocean views everywhere for that matter)

-A real Viking Crown Lounge

-Has both a Diamond & Concierge Lounge

-Boarding the ship at Cruise Maryland is so fast and easy

We are booked on her for December 2018 xmas cruise,the entire family will be going, so we are excited to on her and relax and enjoy xmas and new years and hassle free eating, celebrating and fun!

Edited by juju2454
spelling

I sail on her for the fifth time this coming Saturday. I think she has the best crew in the fleet.A nice modern terminal. No problems boarding and disembarking. I cruised Carnival out of Miami ans the terminal and boarding were horrendous. I know that food is subjective, but I've never left any dining venue hungry. If I could afford it I would be one of those people who sail her four or five times a year.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and positive remarks. When I saw this great deal yesterday (no air fare either), I was very excited. I cannot believe the price and itinerary!!!!

It seems the older we get, the less the bells and whistles appeal to us. We just returned from Celebrity, Equinox last week. The food and service were impeccable. Met tons of wonderful people and we realized in the grand scale of things, we enjoyed it much more than anticipated.

Yes, we still loved the mega ships, but for now....just looking for relaxing ships. Very strange...I received notice via text, that my deposit was withdrawn, but I did not receive a confirmation from RCCL. Oh, well. Easily rectifiable. I will just call them later.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE!!!!:cool::cool::cool: